HTM to ASCII Conversion

  • Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi,

      Does anyone have a clip that strip ALL htm tags from a document? I
      need to do a folder full of docs.

      Thanks....
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
        Hi Howard,

        >Does anyone have a clip that strip ALL htm tags from a document?
        >I need to do a folder full of docs.

        I have a number of Clips that work with directories in my
        DirStuff. You'll find some that you can modify to do what you
        want. Look for ones that use ^$GetFiles instead of the ones with
        the older method using ^$GetFileFirst/^$GetFileNext although those
        still have good use for some purposes. Try right clicking over the
        Library combobox and choose "Open as Document" and then do a Find
        for ^$GetFiles. They'll use ^!SetArray.

        Look under Website Cleanup at the bottom and use the following Clip...

        Strip All Tags/HTML

        I just made it with minor alterations of another Clip in the Library.
        Make sure you make a copy of the directory before using!!! The files
        are saved in the same folder as .txt files. There's options to do
        subfolders and preserve links or not.

        NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        Direct download for DirStuff
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

        Affiliate links for Fookes Software, thanks! :)
        Fookes Software Home
        Check out Aid4Mail to convert many mail program types to others
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail

      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Howard" <cftechwriter@b...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Does anyone have a clip that strip ALL htm tags from a document? I
          > need to do a folder full of docs.
          >
          > Thanks....

          Why use a clip when NoteTab has a built in tool that does this?

          From the menu:

          MODIFY/STRIP HTML TAGS/REMOVE ALL TAGS

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
            Hi John,

            >> Does anyone have a clip that strip ALL htm tags from a
            >> document? I need to do a folder full of docs.
            >
            >Why use a clip when NoteTab has a built in tool that does this?
            >
            > From the menu:
            >
            >MODIFY/STRIP HTML TAGS/REMOVE ALL TAGS

            I used ^!Toolbar Strip [Tags|HTML] in the Clip. The reason for
            the Clip is he wanted to do all the documents in a folder
            which my Clip does with an option to do the subfolders as well.