[Clip] Backup Control Timer Clip.

  • Charles M. Raine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 1999
      Hi All:

      Re: Backup Control Timer Clip.

      I have finally finished re-writing this clip and getting it working to
      my satisfaction. The earlier versions had various weaknesses and
      limitations which have now been largely eliminated. This program will
      automatically control the backup of any number of files which are open
      in NoteTab, on a time interval basis which you can specify, (1 = 1
      minute and decimal amounts are accepted, I suggest 5). You can also
      specify the number of Backup Copies of each file which are to be kept,
      the default is 3. When the time interval is reached, a Warning Message
      is displayed to tell you to stop typing. This prevents data from being
      accidentally keyed into an incorrect file during the file save
      process. If you open any New files while the timer is running, at the
      end of the next interval, you will be asked to Name and Save that file
      at that point. If you close any active file, the timer is
      automatically stopped, at the end of the next interval. Please read the
      included ReadMe Text file.

      This is Version 5 of this clip and it requires NoteTab Pro Ver. 4.6.
      It is available at the following URL:
      http://www.cyberspc.mb.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips