Re: Arrays and OpenFile

  • cjangrycloud
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2005
      Thanks for pointing those errors out. It turns out the real problem
      was with the array indexing.

      ^!Set %line%=^%Array%^%counter%%
      ^
      not needed

      The now working clip is as follows

      :start
      ^!Set %prefix%=SomeCompany; %suffix%=.html
      ^!Set %directory%=^?{(T=D)Directory=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$};
      %List%=^?{(T=M;H=15)File List}
      ^!ifCancel exit
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(%List%)$ end ELSE continue
      :continue
      ^!Set
      %List%=^%directory%^%prefix%^$StrReplace(^%NL%;^%s
      uffix%^%NL%^%directory%^%prefix%;^%List%;True;True)$^%suffix%
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetArray %Array%=^%List%
      ^!Set %counter%=^%Array0%
      :loop
      ^!If ^%counter%=0 end
      ^!Set %line%=^%Array^%counter%%
      ^!Open ^%line%
      ^!Dec %counter%
      ^!GoTo loop
      :end

      I do the updates for a rather large number of product description
      pages. I use an excel spreadsheet to keep track of which pages belong
      to different catagories. Using this clip I can just copy a range of
      model numbers from the spreadsheet, pop them into the clip and it
      opens all the corresponding files that match the pattern of :

      SomeCompany"ModelNumber".html

      Thanks again for your help.

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo Paulissen"