Re: Help w basic paragraph formatting

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 20, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph McCluskey" <bizguide@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Alec,
      >

      > I publish a newsletter online. I format it in NoteTab Pro.
      >

      > My current challenge is to have the final html layout wrap
      >
      > individual paragraphs at about 110, or for that matter any
      >
      > preset line wrap point.
      >

      > Currently what I do is write the paragraphs with urls in them.
      >
      > Then I add line breaks one line at a time.
      >

      > Is there a way to do this more automatically?
      >

      > For example, can I create a paragraph template which forces each
      line to
      > wrap at a preset point and have it insert the line break html code
      at the
      > wrap point?
      >

      > Thanks for your service!
      >

      > Joseph McCluskey

      <pre>
      You can use NoteTab's MODIFY/LINES/REFORMAT
      LINES tool to preformat your text as you want
      (just as I'm doing here) then put it all
      inside a set of html <pre></pre> tags. Here
      I'm forcing line breaks at 45 characters so
      you can better see how it works.

      That being said <pre></pre> tags are
      generally only useful for narrow columns of
      text. Normally I would use CSS to control
      the width of everything on my web pages.
      </pre>