re: clip to delete a sentence

  • mfrascinella@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
      Jeffery and others,

      I haven't seen that happen but I realized that my clip failed if the sentence was at the top of the file. Also it didn't deal with sentences ending in a ? or ! mark.

      I switched to a Find with regular expressions to search for all three ending marks and it doesn't work in the backwards direction. Can someone help me understand why?

      Here is the forward search which works:

      Here is the backward search which seems to find in the forward direction:

      Here is the whole clip (with temporary comments and commented test code)
      It works properly until it gets to the backward find. It finds forward for some reason. I tried using a multiple standard find but that didn't work.

      Is there some restriction on finding regular expressions in the backwards mode?

      Yours,

      Michael F
      -���-
      ~