Re: [Clip] Sequential numbering

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      Julie:
      H="Incremental numbering"
      ;Alec Burgess 2005-06-05
      ;^!setdebug ON
      ^!set chapternum=1
      ^!set divider=+++++
      :loop
      ^!find ^%divider% s
      ^!iferror goto end
      ^!inserttext Chapter ^%chapternum
      ^!Inc %chapternum%
      ^!goto loop

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      ---- Original Message ----
      From: "Julie" <gleits@...>
      To: <ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 19:40
      Subject: [gla: [Clip] Sequential numbering

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm trying to help a disorganized friend retrieve a story
      > she's written from a webpage, and number sections into
      > chapters, the copying part is rather easy with the
      > pasteboard feature, but I'm stuck with how to automate
      > the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of +++++
      >
      > Is there any way to find/replace with
      >
      > Chapter 1
      > then next one into
      > Chapter 2,
      > etc?
      > and so on until the end?
      >

      > thanks for any help,
      > Julie
      >

      > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.us,
      > http://www.fookes.com
      > Fookes Software Mailing Lists:
      > http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Julie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        Alec, Alan - thanks! I've not played any with arrays as I've not had the
        need... but this simple example opens up a host of ideas.

        thanks again,
        Julie
      • acummingsus
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
          Julie wrote:

          >Alec, Alan - thanks! I've not played any with arrays as I've not had the
          >need... but this simple example opens up a host of ideas.

          Alec's post did not arrive to me until way, way late. Otherwise, I
          would have spared the group of my clip since it essentially does the
          same as Alec's.

          Good ol sometimes erratic delivery timing Yahoo mail lists (er, maybe
          it's my ISP). I just now got Alec's post when I retrieved my email
          just now.

          Julie, neither of us used any array. Both of us used repetitive loop
          with the only way to break out is when the divider item is no longer
          found. (while it's true that the divider item is found, keep looping)
          -- (otherwise, when not_true a.k.a. when_no_longer_found then break
          out of loop and end/terminate clip.

          The ^!SetArray command is a tip off (indicates) that array is used.

          Alan.
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
            Alan:

            > Good ol sometimes erratic delivery timing Yahoo mail
            > lists (er, maybe it's my ISP). I just now got Alec's
            > post when I retrieved my email just now.

            I get a lot of threads where the first answer gets threaded above the
            question - call it Yahoo-Jeopardy :-)

            Every once in a while I think to visit the yahoo-groups website to see if
            I've come late to the party, but usually just fire it off and let someone
            else worry about getting the same answer twice.

            Regards ... Alec
            --