Re: [Clip] How to make red library heading ?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > dvdwriters12 wrote:
      >> Thanks, works just fine!

      > That is the hard way to do it.
      > Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
      > by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
      > the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
      > that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
      > then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
      > organize them.

      dvd, Don,

      True, you can drag-&-drop clips and dividers as long as you aren't set
      up as I am, with 'View > Clipbook > Single Click to Execute' enabled.

      I find that setting most preferable and when I edit a clipbook I always
      have it opened as a Document. In this manner I cut/copy and paste as in
      any document.

      If I had several clipbooks to rearrange I would write a clip to toggle
      that setting, for large jobs it would be a bit more convenient to
      disable it.

      ºvº
      05.06.05
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
        Hi all,

        I'm trying to help a disorganized friend retrieve a story she's written
        from a webpage, and number sections into chapters, the copying part is
        rather easy with the pasteboard feature, but I'm stuck with how to automate
        the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
        +++++

        Is there any way to find/replace with

        Chapter 1
        then next one into
        Chapter 2,
        etc?
        and so on until the end?

        thanks for any help,
        Julie
      • Alan C
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2005
          Julie wrote:

          >Hi all,
          >[ . . ] , but I'm stuck with how to automate
          >the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
          >+++++
          >
          >Is there any way to find/replace with
          >
          >Chapter 1
          >then next one into
          >Chapter 2,
          >etc?
          >and so on until the end?

          ^!Jump DOC_START
          ^!Set %indx%=0
          :do_while
          ^!Inc %indx%
          ^!Find "+++++" IS
          ^!IfError end
          ^!Replace "$getselection$" >> "Chapter ^%indx%" IS
          ^!Goto do_while
          ;---end--

          There it is. But you need to correct the syntax of just the $getselection$

          Ok? I'm right now on Linux doing Linux things, Perl things also. I
          just wrote the above off of the top of my head so to speak. My Ntab
          help and references (to reference syntax(s) ) are not yet set up on my
          Linux.

          Alan.