Re: [Clip] How to make red library heading ?

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
      dvdwriters12 wrote:
      > Thanks, works just fine!
      >

      >> > H=;Red Hi-lite

      That is the hard way to do it.
      Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
      by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
      the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
      that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
      then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
      organize them.
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
        Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > dvdwriters12 wrote:
        >> Thanks, works just fine!

        > That is the hard way to do it.
        > Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
        > by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
        > the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
        > that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
        > then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
        > organize them.

        dvd, Don,

        True, you can drag-&-drop clips and dividers as long as you aren't set
        up as I am, with 'View > Clipbook > Single Click to Execute' enabled.

        I find that setting most preferable and when I edit a clipbook I always
        have it opened as a Document. In this manner I cut/copy and paste as in
        any document.

        If I had several clipbooks to rearrange I would write a clip to toggle
        that setting, for large jobs it would be a bit more convenient to
        disable it.

        ºvº
        05.06.05
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
          Hi all,

          I'm trying to help a disorganized friend retrieve a story she's written
          from a webpage, and number sections into chapters, the copying part is
          rather easy with the pasteboard feature, but I'm stuck with how to automate
          the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
          +++++

          Is there any way to find/replace with

          Chapter 1
          then next one into
          Chapter 2,
          etc?
          and so on until the end?

          thanks for any help,
          Julie
        • Alan C
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2005
            Julie wrote:

            >Hi all,
            >[ . . ] , but I'm stuck with how to automate
            >the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
            >+++++
            >
            >Is there any way to find/replace with
            >
            >Chapter 1
            >then next one into
            >Chapter 2,
            >etc?
            >and so on until the end?

            ^!Jump DOC_START
            ^!Set %indx%=0
            :do_while
            ^!Inc %indx%
            ^!Find "+++++" IS
            ^!IfError end
            ^!Replace "$getselection$" >> "Chapter ^%indx%" IS
            ^!Goto do_while
            ;---end--

            There it is. But you need to correct the syntax of just the $getselection$

            Ok? I'm right now on Linux doing Linux things, Perl things also. I
            just wrote the above off of the top of my head so to speak. My Ntab
            help and references (to reference syntax(s) ) are not yet set up on my
            Linux.

            Alan.