Re: [Clip] How to make red library heading ?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2005
      dvdwriters12 wrote:
      > Just looking at a few librarys and was wondering how I can add a red
      > menu item, so I can sort/tidy my library into sections ?

      ºvº
      05.06.04
      hrs > hsavage@...
      > > dvdwriters12 wrote:
      > > Just looking at a few librarys and was wondering how I can add a red
      > > menu item, so I can sort/tidy my library into sections ?
      > >
      > > dvd,
      >
      > You can add a non-functional red section label/line by inserting
      additional lines as required into your clipbook, formatted as follows by
      adding a leading semi-colon.

      > H=;Red Hi-lite
      >
      > Such lines will, for the most part, will be non-functional.
      >
      > ºvº
      > 05.06.04
      > hrs > hsavage@...

      dvd,

      Should have mentioned, these hi-lite lines should have at least 1 blank
      line above and below each hi-lite.

      ºvº
      05.06.04
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • dvdwriters12
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2005
        Thanks, works just fine!

        > > H=;Red Hi-lite
        > >
        > > Such lines will, for the most part, will be non-functional.
        > >
        > > ºvº
        > > 05.06.04
        > > hrs > hsavage@p...
        >
        > dvd,
        >
        > Should have mentioned, these hi-lite lines should have at least 1
        blank
        > line above and below each hi-lite.
        >
        > ºvº
        > 05.06.04
        > hrs > hsavage@p...
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
          dvdwriters12 wrote:
          > Thanks, works just fine!
          >

          >> > H=;Red Hi-lite

          That is the hard way to do it.
          Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
          by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
          the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
          that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
          then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
          organize them.
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
            Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
            > dvdwriters12 wrote:
            >> Thanks, works just fine!

            > That is the hard way to do it.
            > Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
            > by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
            > the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
            > that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
            > then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
            > organize them.

            dvd, Don,

            True, you can drag-&-drop clips and dividers as long as you aren't set
            up as I am, with 'View > Clipbook > Single Click to Execute' enabled.

            I find that setting most preferable and when I edit a clipbook I always
            have it opened as a Document. In this manner I cut/copy and paste as in
            any document.

            If I had several clipbooks to rearrange I would write a clip to toggle
            that setting, for large jobs it would be a bit more convenient to
            disable it.

            ºvº
            05.06.05
            hrs > hsavage@...
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
              Hi all,

              I'm trying to help a disorganized friend retrieve a story she's written
              from a webpage, and number sections into chapters, the copying part is
              rather easy with the pasteboard feature, but I'm stuck with how to automate
              the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
              +++++

              Is there any way to find/replace with

              Chapter 1
              then next one into
              Chapter 2,
              etc?
              and so on until the end?

              thanks for any help,
              Julie
            • Alan C
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2005
                Julie wrote:

                >Hi all,
                >[ . . ] , but I'm stuck with how to automate
                >the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
                >+++++
                >
                >Is there any way to find/replace with
                >
                >Chapter 1
                >then next one into
                >Chapter 2,
                >etc?
                >and so on until the end?

                ^!Jump DOC_START
                ^!Set %indx%=0
                :do_while
                ^!Inc %indx%
                ^!Find "+++++" IS
                ^!IfError end
                ^!Replace "$getselection$" >> "Chapter ^%indx%" IS
                ^!Goto do_while
                ;---end--

                There it is. But you need to correct the syntax of just the $getselection$

                Ok? I'm right now on Linux doing Linux things, Perl things also. I
                just wrote the above off of the top of my head so to speak. My Ntab
                help and references (to reference syntax(s) ) are not yet set up on my
                Linux.

                Alan.