Re: [Clip] How to make red library heading ?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4 3:34 PM
      dvdwriters12 wrote:
      > Just looking at a few librarys and was wondering how I can add a red
      > menu item, so I can sort/tidy my library into sections ?

      dvd,

      You can add a non-functional red section label/line by inserting
      additional lines as required into your clipbook, formatted as follows by
      adding a leading semi-colon.

      H=;Red Hi-lite

      Such lines will, for the most part, will be non-functional.

      ºvº
      05.06.04
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4 3:42 PM
        dvdwriters12 wrote:
        > Just looking at a few librarys and was wondering how I can add a red
        > menu item, so I can sort/tidy my library into sections ?

        ºvº
        05.06.04
        hrs > hsavage@...
        > > dvdwriters12 wrote:
        > > Just looking at a few librarys and was wondering how I can add a red
        > > menu item, so I can sort/tidy my library into sections ?
        > >
        > > dvd,
        >
        > You can add a non-functional red section label/line by inserting
        additional lines as required into your clipbook, formatted as follows by
        adding a leading semi-colon.

        > H=;Red Hi-lite
        >
        > Such lines will, for the most part, will be non-functional.
        >
        > ºvº
        > 05.06.04
        > hrs > hsavage@...

        dvd,

        Should have mentioned, these hi-lite lines should have at least 1 blank
        line above and below each hi-lite.

        ºvº
        05.06.04
        hrs > hsavage@...
      • dvdwriters12
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4 4:24 PM
          Thanks, works just fine!

          > > H=;Red Hi-lite
          > >
          > > Such lines will, for the most part, will be non-functional.
          > >
          > > ºvº
          > > 05.06.04
          > > hrs > hsavage@p...
          >
          > dvd,
          >
          > Should have mentioned, these hi-lite lines should have at least 1
          blank
          > line above and below each hi-lite.
          >
          > ºvº
          > 05.06.04
          > hrs > hsavage@p...
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5 3:26 PM
            dvdwriters12 wrote:
            > Thanks, works just fine!
            >

            >> > H=;Red Hi-lite

            That is the hard way to do it.
            Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
            by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
            the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
            that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
            then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
            organize them.
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5 4:12 PM
              Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
              > dvdwriters12 wrote:
              >> Thanks, works just fine!

              > That is the hard way to do it.
              > Just add a new heading that starts with a semi-colon. To do this start
              > by right clicking over the clipbook window, select "add new clip" from
              > the drop down, type the name of the heading with a semi-colon in the box
              > that pops up thus ";heading name" and you have a red heading. You can
              > then drag and drop your clips and headings to where you want them to
              > organize them.

              dvd, Don,

              True, you can drag-&-drop clips and dividers as long as you aren't set
              up as I am, with 'View > Clipbook > Single Click to Execute' enabled.

              I find that setting most preferable and when I edit a clipbook I always
              have it opened as a Document. In this manner I cut/copy and paste as in
              any document.

              If I had several clipbooks to rearrange I would write a clip to toggle
              that setting, for large jobs it would be a bit more convenient to
              disable it.

              ºvº
              05.06.05
              hrs > hsavage@...
            • Julie
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5 4:40 PM
                Hi all,

                I'm trying to help a disorganized friend retrieve a story she's written
                from a webpage, and number sections into chapters, the copying part is
                rather easy with the pasteboard feature, but I'm stuck with how to automate
                the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
                +++++

                Is there any way to find/replace with

                Chapter 1
                then next one into
                Chapter 2,
                etc?
                and so on until the end?

                thanks for any help,
                Julie
              • Alan C
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 6 1:11 AM
                  Julie wrote:

                  >Hi all,
                  >[ . . ] , but I'm stuck with how to automate
                  >the numbering. Say I have a pasteboard divider of
                  >+++++
                  >
                  >Is there any way to find/replace with
                  >
                  >Chapter 1
                  >then next one into
                  >Chapter 2,
                  >etc?
                  >and so on until the end?

                  ^!Jump DOC_START
                  ^!Set %indx%=0
                  :do_while
                  ^!Inc %indx%
                  ^!Find "+++++" IS
                  ^!IfError end
                  ^!Replace "$getselection$" >> "Chapter ^%indx%" IS
                  ^!Goto do_while
                  ;---end--

                  There it is. But you need to correct the syntax of just the $getselection$

                  Ok? I'm right now on Linux doing Linux things, Perl things also. I
                  just wrote the above off of the top of my head so to speak. My Ntab
                  help and references (to reference syntax(s) ) are not yet set up on my
                  Linux.

                  Alan.