Re: [Clip] Paragraph Formatting

  • Ed Chiasson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
      I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.

      thanks

      But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
      break.

      How would you get the clip to recognize that?

      Ed

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
      wrote:
      > It selects to the next line break.
      >
      > If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then
      >

      > this is one paragraph^P
      >
      > this is (soft wrap)
      > one paragraph (soft wrap)
      > as well^P
      >
      > so when you put
      >
      > line one goes here^P
      > line two goes here^P
      > line three goes here^P
      >
      > you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P
      that
      > defines a paragraph
      > > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
      > > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I
      have.

      > > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
      > > selected line.
      > >
      > > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
      > >
      > > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
      > >
      > > Ed
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
        Ed Chiasson wrote:
        > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
        > break.
        >
        > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
        >
        > Ed

        I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at I
        think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think it goes
        off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in the
        paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method. We can
        certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.

        As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the new
        html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers some of
        the information you want and then it applies a template if I remember
        correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded in
        notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could build a
        clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an existing
        one however.

        Good luck,

        Don
      • Ed Chiasson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
          Thanks Don, I'll get back to you with something

          wrote:
          > Ed Chiasson wrote:
          > > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
          > >
          > > thanks
          > >
          > > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a
          line
          > > break.
          > >
          > > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
          > >
          > > Ed
          > >

          > I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at
          > think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think
          it goes
          > off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in
          the
          > paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method.
          We can
          > certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.
          >
          > As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the
          new
          > html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers
          some of
          > the information you want and then it applies a template if I
          remember
          > correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded
          in
          > notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could
          build a
          > clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an
          existing
          > one however.
          >
          > Good luck,
          >
          > Don
        • Ed Chiasson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
            Don this is what I start with

            U.S. Dive Travel
            Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.
            http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html

            Sand Dollar Group
            Offers project management and support for the development of web
            sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
            helpdesk integration.
            http://www.sanddollargroup.com

            Mellita quienquesperforata
            The anatomy of a sand dollar.
            http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html

            convert text to html clip

            <P><a href="http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html">
            U.S. Dive Travel </a><BR>
            Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.<BR>
            http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html<BR>
            </P>

            <P><a href="http://www.sanddollargroup.com">
            Sand Dollar Group </a><BR>
            Offers project management and support for the development of web
            sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
            helpdesk integration.<BR>
            http://www.sanddollargroup.com<BR>
            </P>

            <P><a href="http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html">