Re: [Clip] Paragraph Formatting

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
      It selects to the next line break.

      If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then

      this is one paragraph^P

      this is (soft wrap)
      one paragraph (soft wrap)
      as well^P

      so when you put

      line one goes here^P
      line two goes here^P
      line three goes here^P

      you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P that
      defines a paragraph
      > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
      > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I have.
      >
      > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
      > selected line.
      >
      > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
      >
      > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
      >
      > Ed
    • Ed Chiasson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
        I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.

        thanks

        But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
        break.

        How would you get the clip to recognize that?

        Ed

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
        wrote:
        > It selects to the next line break.
        >
        > If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then
        >

        > this is one paragraph^P
        >
        > this is (soft wrap)
        > one paragraph (soft wrap)
        > as well^P
        >
        > so when you put
        >
        > line one goes here^P
        > line two goes here^P
        > line three goes here^P
        >
        > you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P
        that
        > defines a paragraph
        > > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
        > > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I
        have.

        > > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
        > > selected line.
        > >
        > > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
        > >
        > > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
        > >
        > > Ed
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
          Ed Chiasson wrote:
          > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
          > break.
          >
          > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
          >
          > Ed

          I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at I
          think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think it goes
          off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in the
          paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method. We can
          certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.

          As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the new
          html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers some of
          the information you want and then it applies a template if I remember
          correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded in
          notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could build a
          clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an existing
          one however.

          Good luck,

          Don
        • Ed Chiasson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
            Thanks Don, I'll get back to you with something

            wrote:
            > Ed Chiasson wrote:
            > > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
            > >
            > > thanks
            > >
            > > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a
            line
            > > break.
            > >
            > > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
            > >
            > > Ed
            > >

            > I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at
            > think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think
            it goes
            > off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in
            the
            > paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method.
            We can
            > certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.
            >
            > As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the
            new
            > html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers
            some of
            > the information you want and then it applies a template if I
            remember
            > correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded
            in
            > notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could
            build a
            > clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an
            existing
            > one however.
            >
            > Good luck,
            >
            > Don
          • Ed Chiasson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
              Don this is what I start with

              U.S. Dive Travel
              Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.
              http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html

              Sand Dollar Group
              Offers project management and support for the development of web
              sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
              helpdesk integration.
              http://www.sanddollargroup.com

              Mellita quienquesperforata
              The anatomy of a sand dollar.
              http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html

              convert text to html clip

              <P><a href="http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html">
              U.S. Dive Travel </a><BR>
              Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.<BR>
              http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html<BR>
              </P>

              <P><a href="http://www.sanddollargroup.com">
              Sand Dollar Group </a><BR>
              Offers project management and support for the development of web
              sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
              helpdesk integration.<BR>
              http://www.sanddollargroup.com<BR>
              </P>

              <P><a href="http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html">