Re: [Clip] Paragraph Formatting

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2005
      That did it. Thanks Don. I appreciate it.

      Lee

      On 6/2/05 11:33 PM, Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      >I added the line because I thought you wanted it. Try this one:
      >
      >;*** Effort by Don Passenger
      >;*** don@...
      >;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
      >;*******************************************************
      >; Take paragraphs of html and add <p></p> tags before and
      >; after.
      >:again
      >^!ClearVariables
      >^!Select Paragraph
      >^!InsertHtml <p>^%NL%^&</p>
      >^!Find "^P</p>" CIBS
      >^!InsertHtml </p>
      >
      >^!Continue Format another paragraph?
      >^!Find "^P" CIS
      >^!Jump Select_End
      >
      >^!Goto again
      >
      >There are only two things changed.
    • Ed Chiasson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <leeu@c...> wrote:
        > That did it. Thanks Don. I appreciate it.
        >
        > Lee
        >

        > On 6/2/05 11:33 PM, Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > >I added the line because I thought you wanted it. Try this one:
        > >
        > >;*** Effort by Don Passenger
        > >;*** don@h...
        > >;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
        > >;*******************************************************
        > >; Take paragraphs of html and add <p></p> tags before and
        > >; after.
        > >:again
        > >^!ClearVariables
        > >^!Select Paragraph
        > >^!InsertHtml <p>^%NL%^&</p>
        > >^!Find "^P</p>" CIBS
        > >^!InsertHtml </p>
        > >
        > >^!Continue Format another paragraph?
        > >^!Find "^P" CIS
        > >^!Jump Select_End
        > >
        > >^!Goto again
        > >
        > >There are only two things changed.

        I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
        paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I have.

        When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
        selected line.

        Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?

        I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.

        Ed
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
          It selects to the next line break.

          If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then

          this is one paragraph^P

          this is (soft wrap)
          one paragraph (soft wrap)
          as well^P

          so when you put

          line one goes here^P
          line two goes here^P
          line three goes here^P

          you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P that
          defines a paragraph
          > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
          > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I have.
          >
          > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
          > selected line.
          >
          > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
          >
          > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
          >
          > Ed
        • Ed Chiasson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
            I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.

            thanks

            But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
            break.

            How would you get the clip to recognize that?

            Ed

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
            wrote:
            > It selects to the next line break.
            >
            > If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then
            >

            > this is one paragraph^P
            >
            > this is (soft wrap)
            > one paragraph (soft wrap)
            > as well^P
            >
            > so when you put
            >
            > line one goes here^P
            > line two goes here^P
            > line three goes here^P
            >
            > you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P
            that
            > defines a paragraph
            > > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
            > > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I
            have.

            > > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
            > > selected line.
            > >
            > > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
            > >
            > > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
            > >
            > > Ed
          • Don - htmlfixit.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
              Ed Chiasson wrote:
              > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
              >
              > thanks
              >
              > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
              > break.
              >
              > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
              >
              > Ed

              I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at I
              think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think it goes
              off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in the
              paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method. We can
              certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.

              As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the new
              html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers some of
              the information you want and then it applies a template if I remember
              correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded in
              notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could build a
              clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an existing
              one however.

              Good luck,

              Don
            • Ed Chiasson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
                Thanks Don, I'll get back to you with something

                wrote:
                > Ed Chiasson wrote:
                > > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
                > >
                > > thanks
                > >
                > > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a
                line
                > > break.
                > >
                > > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
                > >
                > > Ed
                > >

                > I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at
                > think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think
                it goes
                > off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in
                the
                > paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method.
                We can
                > certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.
                >
                > As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the
                new
                > html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers
                some of
                > the information you want and then it applies a template if I
                remember
                > correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded
                in
                > notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could
                build a
                > clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an
                existing
                > one however.
                >
                > Good luck,
                >
                > Don
              • Ed Chiasson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
                  Don this is what I start with

                  U.S. Dive Travel
                  Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.
                  http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html

                  Sand Dollar Group
                  Offers project management and support for the development of web
                  sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
                  helpdesk integration.
                  http://www.sanddollargroup.com

                  Mellita quienquesperforata
                  The anatomy of a sand dollar.
                  http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html

                  convert text to html clip

                  <P><a href="http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html">
                  U.S. Dive Travel </a><BR>
                  Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.<BR>
                  http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html<BR>
                  </P>

                  <P><a href="http://www.sanddollargroup.com">
                  Sand Dollar Group </a><BR>
                  Offers project management and support for the development of web
                  sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
                  helpdesk integration.<BR>
                  http://www.sanddollargroup.com<BR>
                  </P>

                  <P><a href="http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html">