Re: [Clip] Paragraph Formatting

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2005
      I added the line because I thought you wanted it. Try this one:

      ;*** Effort by Don Passenger
      ;*** don@...
      ;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
      ;*******************************************************
      ; Take paragraphs of html and add <p></p> tags before and
      ; after.
      :again
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!Select Paragraph
      ^!InsertHtml <p>^%NL%^&</p>
      ^!Find "^P</p>" CIBS
      ^!InsertHtml </p>

      ^!Continue Format another paragraph?
      ^!Find "^P" CIS
      ^!Jump Select_End

      ^!Goto again

      There are only two things changed.
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2005
        That did it. Thanks Don. I appreciate it.

        Lee

        On 6/2/05 11:33 PM, Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        >I added the line because I thought you wanted it. Try this one:
        >
        >;*** Effort by Don Passenger
        >;*** don@...
        >;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
        >;*******************************************************
        >; Take paragraphs of html and add <p></p> tags before and
        >; after.
        >:again
        >^!ClearVariables
        >^!Select Paragraph
        >^!InsertHtml <p>^%NL%^&</p>
        >^!Find "^P</p>" CIBS
        >^!InsertHtml </p>
        >
        >^!Continue Format another paragraph?
        >^!Find "^P" CIS
        >^!Jump Select_End
        >
        >^!Goto again
        >
        >There are only two things changed.
      • Ed Chiasson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Lee Underwood <leeu@c...> wrote:
          > That did it. Thanks Don. I appreciate it.
          >
          > Lee
          >

          > On 6/2/05 11:33 PM, Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
          > >I added the line because I thought you wanted it. Try this one:
          > >
          > >;*** Effort by Don Passenger
          > >;*** don@h...
          > >;*** discuss things live in chat at http://htmlfixit.com
          > >;*******************************************************
          > >; Take paragraphs of html and add <p></p> tags before and
          > >; after.
          > >:again
          > >^!ClearVariables
          > >^!Select Paragraph
          > >^!InsertHtml <p>^%NL%^&</p>
          > >^!Find "^P</p>" CIBS
          > >^!InsertHtml </p>
          > >
          > >^!Continue Format another paragraph?
          > >^!Find "^P" CIS
          > >^!Jump Select_End
          > >
          > >^!Goto again
          > >
          > >There are only two things changed.

          I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
          paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I have.

          When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
          selected line.

          Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?

          I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.

          Ed
        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
            It selects to the next line break.

            If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then

            this is one paragraph^P

            this is (soft wrap)
            one paragraph (soft wrap)
            as well^P

            so when you put

            line one goes here^P
            line two goes here^P
            line three goes here^P

            you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P that
            defines a paragraph
            > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
            > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I have.
            >
            > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
            > selected line.
            >
            > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
            >
            > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
            >
            > Ed
          • Ed Chiasson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
              I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.

              thanks

              But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
              break.

              How would you get the clip to recognize that?

              Ed

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
              wrote:
              > It selects to the next line break.
              >
              > If line break is say an x for purposes of demonstration, then
              >

              > this is one paragraph^P
              >
              > this is (soft wrap)
              > one paragraph (soft wrap)
              > as well^P
              >
              > so when you put
              >
              > line one goes here^P
              > line two goes here^P
              > line three goes here^P
              >
              > you actually have three paragraphs because it is the returns ^P
              that
              > defines a paragraph
              > > I've been trying to use the clip for placeing <p></p> around
              > > paragraphs. For me it doesn't seem to select the paragraphs I
              have.

              > > When I modify it the paragraph selection only appears to be a
              > > selected line.
              > >
              > > Isn't a paragraph a group of lines with line breaks between them?
              > >
              > > I must be doing something wrong when I try to use the above clip.
              > >
              > > Ed
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2005
                Ed Chiasson wrote:
                > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
                >
                > thanks
                >
                > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a line
                > break.
                >
                > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
                >
                > Ed

                I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at I
                think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think it goes
                off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in the
                paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method. We can
                certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.

                As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the new
                html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers some of
                the information you want and then it applies a template if I remember
                correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded in
                notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could build a
                clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an existing
                one however.

                Good luck,

                Don
              • Ed Chiasson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
                  Thanks Don, I'll get back to you with something

                  wrote:
                  > Ed Chiasson wrote:
                  > > I noticed that when I was playing with the clip.
                  > >
                  > > thanks
                  > >
                  > > But in the real world most times is can be several lines then a
                  line
                  > > break.
                  > >
                  > > How would you get the clip to recognize that?
                  > >
                  > > Ed
                  > >

                  > I sent two versions, the second one is the one you are looking at
                  > think. Try the other one and it might be closer because I think
                  it goes
                  > off of two consecutive line breaks. If you have hard returns in
                  the
                  > paragraph, then we would have to use a different select method.
                  We can
                  > certainly get it figured out if you give me a small example.
                  >
                  > As regards the other question you asked, I think when you do the
                  new
                  > html document it is based off of a template. A wizard gathers
                  some of
                  > the information you want and then it applies a template if I
                  remember
                  > correctly. For the modify page to html, I think that is imbedded
                  in
                  > notetab and not a clip as we think of it. You certainly could
                  build a
                  > clip to do the same thing if you wanted. I am not aware of an
                  existing
                  > one however.
                  >
                  > Good luck,
                  >
                  > Don
                • Ed Chiasson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2005
                    Don this is what I start with

                    U.S. Dive Travel
                    Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.
                    http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html

                    Sand Dollar Group
                    Offers project management and support for the development of web
                    sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
                    helpdesk integration.
                    http://www.sanddollargroup.com

                    Mellita quienquesperforata
                    The anatomy of a sand dollar.
                    http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html

                    convert text to html clip

                    <P><a href="http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html">
                    U.S. Dive Travel </a><BR>
                    Offers packages to Bonaire's Sand Dollar Condominium Resort.<BR>
                    http://www.usdivetravel[...]ONAIRE-Sand_Dollar.html<BR>
                    </P>

                    <P><a href="http://www.sanddollargroup.com">
                    Sand Dollar Group </a><BR>
                    Offers project management and support for the development of web
                    sites, LAN and WAN design, data center relocations and custom
                    helpdesk integration.<BR>
                    http://www.sanddollargroup.com<BR>
                    </P>

                    <P><a href="http://www.lander.edu/rsfox/mellita.html">