Re: [Clip] ^!Toolbar command in a clip

    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2005
      Hi Alan C.,

      >Does Toolbar interchange for Menu

      No.

      >as the menu items I more commonly know them as:
      >
      >^!Menu Modify/Lines/"Trim Blanks"

      Actually, there is not a ^!Toolbar for Trim Blanks; If there is,
      it's a new one on me. ;) There is a ^!Toolbar for every feature
      that shows up in Options Toolbar/Shortcut.

      The ^!Menu command works for all the items that are off the main
      and its submenus. Yes, there is overlapping so to speak, but
      ^!Menu offers a great many more features to be used than
      ^!Toolbar.

      >I know Toolbar (as a set of available commands) is the older. It
      >existed long before the Menu commands were implemented or announced,
      >became available.

      True. The ^!Menu was created mainly to eliminate the clumsy ^!Keyboard
      command when possible. As you unfortunately know, ^!Keyboard cannot
      work with perfect accuracy and timing (till the last Clip line of code
      is executed and the results of are completed (generally speaking).
      ^!Menu can only bring up the feature; after that the ^!Keyboard command
      needs to be used for settings in the window that ^!Menu opens.