Re: [Clip] Search and Replace (out of Memory error)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2005
      Hi Ralph:
      The current Regular Expression engine has problems with large files.

      Sometimes by rewriting the expression so that it processes more efficiently
      (ie. avoid beginning your search expressions with ".*") you can get
      something that will execute with out causing an out-of-memory)

      The more general solution is along the lines of:

      :loop
      ^!find "regular expression" r
      ^!iferror exit
      ^!insert text