Re: [Clip] Re: Show Open Dialog Box in specific Directory

  • Rick Dooling
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10 10:31 AM
      Dear John:

      I'm no clip programming expert, but it seems to me
      that once you figure out the ini saving and loading
      issue, couldn't Hans simply:

      ^!SaveValue Options:DefaultOpenDir=C:\HansDir (or
      whatever dir he wants)

      and then have the clip reload the ini file to change
      his default dir to the one he wants?

      Rick

      --- John Zeman <john041650@...> wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "hwitche"
      > <hwitche@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > It seems to me that the option to open a directory
      > thru the Open
      > > dialog box was not considered by Notetab.
      > >
      > > Your suggested method does the job, but it needs
      > two decisions more
      > > (boxes + clicks) then my solution (which jumps
      > directly to DIR).
      > >

      > Hans I do agree there seems to be an unnecessary
      > number of extra mouse clicks involved when using a
      > open dialog wizard. It would be nice if that could
      > be streamlined a bit in the next version.
      >
      > John

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10 11:06 AM
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Rick Dooling <rpdooling@y...> wrote:
        > Dear John:
        >
        > I'm no clip programming expert, but it seems to me
        > that once you figure out the ini saving and loading
        > issue, couldn't Hans simply:
        >
        > ^!SaveValue Options:DefaultOpenDir=C:\HansDir (or
        > whatever dir he wants)
        >
        > and then have the clip reload the ini file to change
        > his default dir to the one he wants?
        >
        > Rick

        Yup, you sure could do that Rick. In fact a few months ago I rewrote my "Insert Image into HTML file" and "Insert HTML Link" clips to do just that. Similar to your example the clips use the NoteTab ini file to "remember" the last folder that an image or link was inserted from.

        When I offered my simpler suggestion to Hans, I was just trying to give him the general idea of how it can be done.

        John
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10 3:06 PM
          One way to access a folder of the file
          ^!Shell "^?{(T=D)Enter folder name/ Use the button =^$GetExpandedName$}"

          Open anything...
          ^!Keyboard CTRL+O ENTER ALT+T #A#

          Adrian Worsfold

          http://www.pluralist.co.uk