Re: [Clip] Flushing .ini file to disk

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      > John Zeman wrote:
      >
      > Shouldn't the ^!ProgIniSave command be immediately after the ^!SaveValue
      > commands to allow all the most current information entered or saved to
      > be written to disk then followed by ^!ProgIniLoad to load the newly
      > saved disk file back into memory with all its up to date changes intact?

      I don't think so Harvey as the ^!SaveValue command writes directly to the ini file as it exists on the disk at the time you invoke it.

      Normally the ini file on disk is not updated by NoteTab until you actually close NoteTab or exit Windows.

      So if you write to the ini file using the ^!SaveValue command then later use the ^!ProgIniSave command (or just close NoteTab) you will overwrite the ini file changes you just made with whatever is current in the Windows memory for the ini file.