Re: [Clip] regex to take out lines ending in series of = signs plus a quote

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      dpasseng wrote:

      > I need to run a file removing all lines that end in =========="
      >
      > This includes the quote.

      Don,

      This will do as comments suggest unless there are other characters in
      the line that need to be delimited.

      H="Testexp"
      ; removes line, leaves blank line
      ;^!Replace .+\=+"$\n >> "" RSA

      ; removes line and blank line
      ^!Replace .+\=+"$\n >> "" RSA

      ºvº
      05.05.01
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005
        don, hrs,

        Some remarks about this...

        .+=========" would work as well, it is simpler, and since Notetab's
        regex engine is greedy it picks up all lines ending with ten dashes
        and a ".

        I do not think the $-sign is needed here, especially since you
        include \n in the search criteria...

        I think the first example should omit the \n.

        If you do search for a new line at the end of a line, it will not
        find the lasat occurence (if that happens to be on the last line
        itself).

        Hugo