Onload Clipbook focus?

  • Howard Grimsdale
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27, 2005
      Mornin' all

      when NTP closes I leave my personal clip 'myWrite' clicked active on the
      bottom Clipbook Libraries bar.

      BUT when NTP opens off it's win98 Start bar icon with commandline:
      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" "final001.otl" + "Start in:
      g:\TIME_OUT\PROP\hold" the 'myWrite' clip has no focus.

      I must click onto another library then back onto 'myWrite' to enable it.

      I tried in the Properties alteration to the commandline :
      "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe /L=myWrite" "final001.otl"
      with all variations of non/spaces etc.

      But when I try to save win98 errors to : 'The name specified
      [commandline] in the target box is invalid. Make sure the file and
      pathname are correct.' <sheeesh!>

      Any clues how I can get win98 to accept the required NTP commandline OR
      on opening NTP is there another way to get focus on the nominated clip?

      TIA & best regards - Howard

      --
      Howard Grimsdale
      howard_g@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2005
        Move the " after /L=myWrite" to be just after .exe so it looks like this:

        "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L=myWrite

        And if you want to focus a library whose name has spaces in it, enclose the library name in separate "" as well.

        e.g.

        "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /L="my Write"

        John

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2005
          Hi Howard,

          >when NTP closes I leave my personal clip 'myWrite' clicked active on the
          >bottom Clipbook Libraries bar.
          >
          >Any clues how I can get win98 to accept the required NTP commandline OR
          >on opening NTP is there another way to get focus on the nominated clip?

          If you want a certain Clip executed:
          "C:\Full/Path/NotePro.exe" /L="Library:Clip"
          NoteTab /L="Library Name:Clip Name" <-- with spaces
          NoteTab /L=LibraryName:ClipName <-- without spaces in Library or Clip names

          NoteTab /L=LibraryName <--Library only
          NoteTab /L="Library Name" <-- Library only with no spaces

          NoteTab /L="Library Name" <-- with event _OnOpen
          in the _OnOpen event you add whatever code you want NoteTab to do.

          /L=Library Name:Clip Name" can have the same results as using an
          event. The difference is with the command-line, you only have
          NoteTab do what is instructed to do in the Clip from the command-
          line. When using _OnOpen, every time the Library is opened the
          commands are processed (give the Clip and Event both have the
          same content.

          If you always use quotes around /L="Library:Clip" even when not
          needed you won't for to add them when needed.

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List

          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm