Re: [Clip] Spell checking query.

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2005
      Hi John,

      You would need to have a Clip built that would scan through all
      the open documents and get the file path for each and with it and
      a divider insert each file into one, append, or use the Paste
      Board. You would then focus that document and go into your spell
      check (all done up to that point with a Clip). Instead of the
      Clip looping to see when the spelling checker is closed, I'd
      build a second Clip to go through looking for the dividers and
      getting the path to save to, except I would use a different save
      to path, so you would probably just get the file name in the
      first Clip above. It is very possible to do, but I don't have the
      time right now to build it. I do have a Clip in my DirStuff that
      appends all the files in a directory into one. I think it may
      even have a divider choice/option to use. You would only need to
      add the line to insert the filename. And, you would need the Clip
      built to un-compile/decompile it (whatever the term is to split
      it back into files) when done. Look for the two Clips that append
      files in DirStuff. From NoteTab's PasteBack feature:

      I have a number of Clips that work with directories in my
      DirStuff. You'll find some that you can modify to do what you
      want. Look for ones that use ^$GetFiles instead of the ones with
      the older method using ^$GetFileFirst/^$GetFileNext although those
      still have good use for some purposes. Try right clicking over the
      Library combobox and choose "Open as Document" and then do a Find
      for ^$GetFiles. They'll use ^!SetArray.

      NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
      http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
      Direct download for DirStuff
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

      Affiliate links for Fookes Software, thanks! :)
      Fookes Software Home
      NoteTab Home
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=notetab
      Buy Fookes Software Now!
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448

      >Suppose I have 50 text and/or .html files. Two of them have spelling
      >mistakes. Is there any way to find those two and spell check them
      >other than going to the first file, then the second, then the... ?
      >
      >In other words what I would like to do is open all 50 and then treat
      >them as a single block of text. So that the spell checker goes
      >through them until it finds an error, then goes to the next etc.
      >until all are done. Without me selecting spell checking one by one by
      >one.

      Take care,
      Jody Adair

      and even thou doest err some! ;)