Re: [Clip] Clip Hotkeys / Shortcuts

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 4:01 PM
      Chris:
      > The link
      > in the files section about using shortcuts seems to be
      > dead.
      Are you talking about:

      >> Clip Hotkeys v1.04.zip
      Clip which sets up hotkeys to launch selected clips in various Notetab
      libraries 6 KB silvermoonwoman...
      Sep 20, 2002
      << http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Clip%20Hotkeys%20v1.04.zip

      This download works and from the readme appears to do what you want.

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
        I wonder what "future version" that is. We are now in 2008, three
        years later!

        I want to press a keystroke like "Ctrl+x" and instantly run a clip
        from the current clipbook. No, all the workarounds presented here are
        NOT good enough. It's time for this limitation in Notetab to be
        removed!

        David

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com in 2005, Rick Dooling
        <rpdooling@...> wrote:

        > I don't think you can assign clips to keyboard
        > shortcuts, but I hear that it's coming in a future
        > version of NoteTab Pro.
        >
        > In the meantime, you can execute clips using just your
        > keyboard with NoteTab's "In Context" menu. With the
        > clip library active on your left, press escape and the
        > first letter or two of the clip you want to run,
        > NoteTabe will "autocomplete" for you and then just
        > press enter.
        >
        > Rick
      • dracorat
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
          In the meantime, while you are forced to deal with the "not good
          enough" you CAN get a program called "AutoHotKey" to do it for you.

          Here is the script you'd enter in to AutoHotKey:

          !x::
          KeyWait Alt
          Send {Escape}FunctionNameHere{Enter}
          return

          It also doesn't seem to matter if the clip window is open or not.

          HTH
          Keith
        • dracorat
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008