Re: [Clip] Clip Hotkeys / Shortcuts

  • Rick Dooling
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
      I don't think you can assign clips to keyboard
      shortcuts, but I hear that it's coming in a future
      version of NoteTab Pro.

      In the meantime, you can execute clips using just your
      keyboard with NoteTab's "In Context" menu. With the
      clip library active on your left, press escape and the
      first letter or two of the clip you want to run,
      NoteTabe will "autocomplete" for you and then just
      press enter.

      Rick
      --- cjangrycloud <Agent_Eight@...> wrote:

      > Any suggestions for setting up shortcuts for clips.
      > I've tried using
      > the shortcut command with no luck. The link in the
      > files section about
      > using shortcuts seems to be dead. I'm currently
      > using notetab pro 4.95.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Chris

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
        Chris:
        > The link
        > in the files section about using shortcuts seems to be
        > dead.
        Are you talking about:

        >> Clip Hotkeys v1.04.zip
        Clip which sets up hotkeys to launch selected clips in various Notetab
        libraries 6 KB silvermoonwoman...
        Sep 20, 2002
        << http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/files/Clip%20Hotkeys%20v1.04.zip

        This download works and from the readme appears to do what you want.

        Regards ... Alec
        --
        ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

        > Any suggestions for setting up shortcuts for clips. I've
        > tried using the shortcut command with no luck. The link
        > in the files section about using shortcuts seems to be
        > dead. I'm currently using notetab pro 4.95.
      • David Spector
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
          I wonder what "future version" that is. We are now in 2008, three
          years later!

          I want to press a keystroke like "Ctrl+x" and instantly run a clip
          from the current clipbook. No, all the workarounds presented here are
          NOT good enough. It's time for this limitation in Notetab to be
          removed!

          David

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com in 2005, Rick Dooling
          <rpdooling@...> wrote:

          > I don't think you can assign clips to keyboard
          > shortcuts, but I hear that it's coming in a future
          > version of NoteTab Pro.
          >
          > In the meantime, you can execute clips using just your
          > keyboard with NoteTab's "In Context" menu. With the
          > clip library active on your left, press escape and the
          > first letter or two of the clip you want to run,
          > NoteTabe will "autocomplete" for you and then just
          > press enter.
          >
          > Rick
        • dracorat
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
            In the meantime, while you are forced to deal with the "not good
            enough" you CAN get a program called "AutoHotKey" to do it for you.

            Here is the script you'd enter in to AutoHotKey:

            !x::
            KeyWait Alt
            Send {Escape}FunctionNameHere{Enter}
            return

            It also doesn't seem to matter if the clip window is open or not.

            HTH
            Keith
          • dracorat
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008