Re: [Clip] Clip using command line

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2005
      Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold wrote:

      >>^!Dos my_command
      >>

      >^!c:\progra~1\smallu~1\pdftot~1\pdftot~1.exe fred.pdf fred.txt
      >
      >Just curious, wondered. Sometime that make a difference for me, sometime good, sometime
      >not good the difference.<
      >
      >This is the point - sometimes is not good enough, when I want it to work every time.

      Some things I forgot to include until now:

      I'm sure your solution is fine. It works. But, about those two above,
      hadn,t been shared on this list in quite a while.

      So, also, those above (typically but perhaps not always) are for DOS or
      console apps. But on Win or DOS or console app I start off with ^!Shell
      and most the time my clip is done it works. Few questionable usages for
      Shell I've had problem with it -- it is only then that I try those
      others listed above.

      I'm not certain but I thought Shell is primarily for windows app while
      those others be for DOS and/or console app

      I failed to mention I'd meant to referenced to the testing of what works
      and what not works is the only place where I meant for sometimes to
      apply to (when tested, sometimes found to work, other situation (other
      clip) found not to work).

      IOW, once discovered, (for good or for not good -- works or doesn't)
      I've experienced it as consistent thereafter ie either always works or
      always does not work -- as far as a solution is concerned.

      But I also believe that I have not discovered everything that is of
      potential to possibly discover. For instance, different versions of MS
      Windows running on different hardware, different device drivers,
      different softwares some running in the background on different users
      machines, the different versions of Notetab.

      So, IOW YMMV your mileage may vary. And that is quite alright (with me
      anyways, others speak for themselves, naturally).

      --
      Alan.