Spell checking query.

  • John Fitzsimons
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2005
      Suppose I have 50 text and/or .html files. Two of them have spelling
      mistakes. Is there any way to find those two and spell check them
      other than going to the first file, then the second, then the... ?

      In other words what I would like to do is open all 50 and then treat
      them as a single block of text. So that the spell checker goes
      through them until it finds an error, then goes to the next etc.
      until all are done. Without me selecting spell checking one by one by
      one.

      Can the above be done please and/or is a "script" for this
      possible/available ?

      Thanks.

      Regards, John.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 7:20 AM
        Hi John,

        You would need to have a Clip built that would scan through all
        the open documents and get the file path for each and with it and
        a divider insert each file into one, append, or use the Paste
        Board. You would then focus that document and go into your spell
        check (all done up to that point with a Clip). Instead of the
        Clip looping to see when the spelling checker is closed, I'd
        build a second Clip to go through looking for the dividers and
        getting the path to save to, except I would use a different save
        to path, so you would probably just get the file name in the
        first Clip above. It is very possible to do, but I don't have the
        time right now to build it. I do have a Clip in my DirStuff that
        appends all the files in a directory into one. I think it may
        even have a divider choice/option to use. You would only need to
        add the line to insert the filename. And, you would need the Clip
        built to un-compile/decompile it (whatever the term is to split
        it back into files) when done. Look for the two Clips that append
        files in DirStuff. From NoteTab's PasteBack feature:

        I have a number of Clips that work with directories in my
        DirStuff. You'll find some that you can modify to do what you
        want. Look for ones that use ^$GetFiles instead of the ones with
        the older method using ^$GetFileFirst/^$GetFileNext although those
        still have good use for some purposes. Try right clicking over the
        Library combobox and choose "Open as Document" and then do a Find
        for ^$GetFiles. They'll use ^!SetArray.

        NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        Direct download for DirStuff
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

        Affiliate links for Fookes Software, thanks! :)
        Fookes Software Home
        NoteTab Home
        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=notetab
        Buy Fookes Software Now!
        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448

        >Suppose I have 50 text and/or .html files. Two of them have spelling
        >mistakes. Is there any way to find those two and spell check them
        >other than going to the first file, then the second, then the... ?
        >
        >In other words what I would like to do is open all 50 and then treat
        >them as a single block of text. So that the spell checker goes
        >through them until it finds an error, then goes to the next etc.
        >until all are done. Without me selecting spell checking one by one by
        >one.

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some! ;)