Need help with Hyperlink Clip

  • roughhouserounder@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
      First off I am brand new to Notetab and know pretty much nothing
      about clips. But I do need Notetab to be able to convert text files
      containing hyperlinks into HTML that contains clickable hyperlinks.
      But, I want the hyperlink to be represented as 'continued here' and
      not just a copy of the URL.

      Does that make any sense? :-)

      Or in other words, the URL in the text file may be
      http://www.blah.com and I want it to be represented in the converted
      html as 'continued here'.

      If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

      - Matt.
    • roughhouserounder@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
        I found this clip -
        ^!Replace "http://[a-z\.0-9]*" >> "<a href="&">&</a>" RAWI

        in another posting it half works, but for urls like
        http://www.aaaa.com/gggg/

        it only hyperlinked up to http://www.aaaa.com and nothing after
        the '.com' and it didn't detect a hyperlink that started with 'www'

        All help greatly appreciated.
        Matt.

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, roughhouserounder@y... wrote:

        > First off I am brand new to Notetab and know pretty much nothing
        > about clips. But I do need Notetab to be able to convert text
        files
        > containing hyperlinks into HTML that contains clickable
        hyperlinks.
        > But, I want the hyperlink to be represented as 'continued here'
        and
        > not just a copy of the URL.
        >
        > Does that make any sense? :-)
        >
        > Or in other words, the URL in the text file may be
        > http://www.blah.com and I want it to be represented in the
        converted
        > html as 'continued here'.
        >
        > If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > - Matt.
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
          Matt,

          The first question is what are we looking for?
          http://whatever.com/file.extSPACE
          www.whatever.com/whaterver.extSPACE

          or will some of them be at the end of a sentence ...
          so
          http://whateverPERIODSPACE
          for example, etc.

          Knowing the input is critical to replacing it.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
            Hi Don and thanks for replying.

            I have pretty much solved it!!! (Slow day at work).

            I modified the clip I found into this -

            ^!Replace "http://[a-z\.0-9\/]*" >> "<a href="&">click here</a>" RAWI

            This pretty much does exactly what I want. From doing this I have
            discovered that Notetab is an awesome app!

            I'm now working on customizing the 'Text to HTML' clip that comes
            with Notetab to reduce the number of clicks I need to do to get the
            output I need.

            Thanks again.

            Matt.

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
            wrote:
            > Matt,
            >
            > The first question is what are we looking for?
            > http://whatever.com/file.extSPACE
            > www.whatever.com/whaterver.extSPACE
            >
            > or will some of them be at the end of a sentence ...
            > so
            > http://whateverPERIODSPACE
            > for example, etc.
            >
            > Knowing the input is critical to replacing it.
            >
            > roughhouserounder@y... wrote:
            > >
            > > I found this clip -
            > > ^!Replace "http://[a-z\.0-9]*" >> "<a href="&">&</a>" RAWI
            > >
            > > in another posting it half works, but for urls like
            > > http://www.aaaa.com/gggg/
            > >
            > > it only hyperlinked up to http://www.aaaa.com and nothing after
            > > the '.com' and it didn't detect a hyperlink that started
            with 'www'

            > > All help greatly appreciated.
            > > Matt.

          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
              ^!InsertHtml <B><A HREF="^&.htm">Continue Here.</A></B>
            • roughhouserounder@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 16, 2005
                Thanks Jeff, but that doesn't do what I'm after.

                I'm converting a txt file to html and when a URL is detected I want
                Notetab to change the url to 'continue here'

                Here's the script so far, and it works pretty well:
                -------------

                ;Converts the CURRENT open non-HTML document to HTML
                ^!Continue This Clip will convert the CURRENT open non-HTML document
                to HTML. Continue?

                ;Skip the conversion process if the document has an HTML extension
                or is a Clipbook library
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsHtmlDoc$ SkipConversion
                ^!IfTrue ^$IsClipDoc$ SkipConversion
                ;Convert text to HTML format
                ^!Toolbar Document to HTML
                ^!IfError SkipConversion
                ;Place the cursor at the start of the document
                ^!Jump Text_Start
                ^!Replace "http://[a-z0-9\.\/\-\_\']*" >> "<a href="&">click
                here</a>" RAWI
                ;Save converted document if users wants this done automatically
                ;^!IfFalse ^?[Automatically save converted documents?==_Yes|No] Skip
                ;^!Save As ^##

                :SkipConversion
                ---------

                It's a bit of a mish mash from here and there and I'm no clip
                expert, but it's working.

                I have 2 things I'd like to include.
                1 - I have a url that contains this in its' string: xyx_&_abc
                I can get the ^!Replace line to replace almost everything, but I
                can't work out how to convert/replace the '&' ??

                2 - I want to copy the output of the clip to the clipboard. I'm
                using this in a second clip. Is it possible to add it to the first
                clip somewhere so it runs automatically??

                ------
                ; This clip Copies the contents of a file to the clipboard
                ; Turn wordwrap off
                ^!SetWordWrap 0
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+A
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+C