Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window - Problem SOLVED by Hugo!

  • Abe Landsberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
      Hugo, thank you very much - you solved my problem! I had no idea that a batch
      file could "call" a shortcut. I thought "call" was restricted to calling
      another batch file. (That's what I get for believing the documentation!)

      Dave, thanks for pointing out that NoteTab doesn't run Clips when minimized.
      That probably explains why my Clip was not effective (with or without a delay).

      Abair, thanks again for your help with this problem. The batch file is launched
      from my Startup folder, so there is no "string" launching it; it's just the
      batch file name.

      Jody, thanks for the clarifications and information about ^!IfSame and using
      NoteTab to control Windows start-up. I'm sure I'll use this information in
      future Clips.

      Jamal, thanks for your suggestions. The "Exit" command approach doesn't work
      because NoteTab doesn't exit. I probably won't try your second suggestion,
      because of Hugo's solution.

      My thanks and gratitude to all have responded to my requests for help with this
      problem. I hereby declare this case closed. (May I do that?)

      -Abe

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
        Abe Landsberg wrote:

        > Hugo, thank you very much - you solved my problem! I had no idea that
        a batch
        > file could "call" a shortcut.
        >
        > Dave, thanks for pointing out that NoteTab doesn't run Clips when
        minimized.
        > That probably explains why my Clip was not effective (with or without
        a delay).

        > -Abe

        Abe, Hugo, Dave and all who responded,

        I have to take exception with the second statement above. There are
        conditions under which NoteTab will run clips when as borne out in
        NoteTab help.

        I bring this up because other clip writers may not consider using
        ^!MinimizeApp
        to enhance their clips when it may be useful.

        I have a battery of clips for a particular purpose and they do minimize
        using the above command and they do run a little more quickly in that mode.

        ^!MinimizeApp
        Minimizes the NoteTab application Window. This can often make clips run
        faster. But note that some commands, (such as ^!Keyboard), do not work
        properly when the editor window is minimized.

        ^!ActivateApp
        Activates the NoteTab application Window. If NoteTab is minimized or
        behind other windows, the window is restored and brought to the front.

        ºvº
        05.03.14
        hrs > hsavage@...