Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Abe Landsberg
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 10, 2005
      Abair, thank you for your suggestions. I'm running XP-HE SP1. I open the "DOS"
      window by running a batch (.bat) file on Windows start-up. The "start" command
      with no switches doesn't start NoteTab; with switches "/B /D" NoteTab starts,
      but the "DOS" window stays open (the same as starting NoteTab without using
      "start"). Since NoteTab does not exit, there is no command prompt left in the
      "DOS" window, so no commands following the NoteTab invocation are executed;
      therefore, an EXIT command will not be executed. I have not yet tried your
      suggestion to put the batch file in the same folder as the NoteTab executable.

      Larry, thanks for all of the Clips to build command lines to start NoteTab. I
      have not yet had the time to study them in detail.

      Jody, thanks for your further suggestions. I could not find any command window
      option to exit on close, and, even if it existed, I don't think it would work
      because I want to leave NoteTab open. Because NoteTab doesn't exit, the command
      processor doesn't regain control. As per your suggestion, I tried adding delays
      between the ^FocusApp "<batch file name>" and ^!Keyboard ALT+SPACEBAR C
      commands, but that didn't help.

      -Abe

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe