Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 9, 2005
      Here is the clip Larry Thomas made. I thought there was one that had a
      more direct impact on this issue, but I don't see it in a quick look
      through my clips.

      I know something similar to this has been on the list in the past. I'll
      have to check my Mailbag archives, after I update to the new version. ;-)

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="RunBatch3"
      ;Larry Thomas larryt@c...
      ;07/22/2000, 10:51:32 PM
      ^!IfSame ^$Getext(^**)$ .bat Skip_2 Else Next
      ^!Info [L]^**^%nl% is not a batch file and will not run under DOS.
      ^!Goto Exit
      ^!IfFalse ^$GetPasteBoardIndex$ Next Else RunBatch
      ^!Set %IDX%=^$GetDocIndex$
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!Toolbar Paste Board
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%IDX%
      :RunBatch
      ;
      ^!SetClipboard ===========================^%nl%Standard
      Output:^%nl%===========================^%nl%^$GetOutput("^**")$
      ;
      ^!IfFileExist ^$GetStdErrorName$ Skip_2 Else Next
      ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetPasteBoardIndex$
      ^!Goto Exit
      ;
      ^!SetClipboard ^%nl%^%nl%===========================^%nl%Standard Error
      Output
      For:^%nl%^%nl%^$GetFileText(^**)$^%nl%===========================^%nl%^%nl%^$GetFileText(^$GetStdErrorName$)$
      ;
      ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetPasteBoardIndex$
      ---------< end clip >-----------

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Abe Landsberg wrote:
      > Jody and Abairheart, I tried putting a space between /D and the quoted command
      > path for NoteTab, but that didn't help. The "DOS" window closes, but NoteTab
      > does not start.
      >
      > Abairheart, I had not thought of using the "cmd" command. I tried: >cmd /c
      > "C:\...\NoteTab Light\NoteTab.exe", which started NoteTab, but left the "DOS"
      > window open.
      >
      > Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Does this means that there is no
      > way to start NoteTab from a "DOS" window and have the "DOS" window close after
      > NoteTab starts?
      >
      > -Abe

    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe