Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 9, 2005
      Abe,

      I don't know if this will help, but here is a clip I built nearly 5
      years ago to help make command lines to start NoteTab. I use them to
      make the target line for shortcuts and clips.

      I think Larry Thomas had a good solution for this. I will post it when I
      find it.

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="NoteTab CommandLine"
      ;Larry Hamilton <lmh@...>
      ;03/09/2005, Posted on Clips list again.
      ;04/29/2000
      ;Revised 07/23/2000
      ;Larry Hamilton lmh@...
      ^!SetListDelimiter=|
      ^!Set %path%=^$GetAppPath$
      ^!Set %pgm%=^?{NoteTab Version?==Standard^=NoteTab.exe|_Pro^=NotePro.exe}

      ;
      ;Borrowed the _FillLibraryList clip and part of the SwitchLibrary clip
      from the Utilities.clb. Thanks to Eric for pointing out why this method
      is needed. Any Libraries that start with an "_" (underscore) need to
      have a space added in from of them, since the "_" has a special meaning
      in clip wizards. A major case of "if it was a snake it would have bit
      me." Thanks to Eric & Jody for their patience!
      ;
      ;^!Clip FillLibraryList
      ^!FarClip Utilities:FillLibraryList
      ^!Set %LibraryName%=^?{(H=10)Choose a library==_^%LibraryList%}
      ^!Set %lib%=^$StrDelete("^%LibraryName%";1;1)$

      ;
      ;**_CAUTION_**: Be careful with the use of the NoteTab.ini file. I
      trashed one and had to restore from backup. Be sure your ini files are
      backed up unless you do not mind re-creating all of your NoteTab
      settings, if there is a problem. ;)
      ;
      ;
      ^!Set
      %ini%=^$StrReplace("^$GetAppPath$";;"^$GetFiles("^$GetAppPath$";"*.ini")$";False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %ini%=^?{(H=15)Choose ini to Open==^%ini%}
      ^!Set %ini%=^$StrReplace(".ini";;"^%ini%";False;False)$
      ;
      ;Generates an Instance of NoteTab. Use needs to configure for their
      preferences.
      ;
      ^!Set %inst%=^?{Instance?=="HTML Editing"|"Java"|Default^=""}
      ;
      ;Since the ClipBar *.ctb files are in the Library directory, the
      ^$GetLibraryPath$ function can do double duty.
      ;
      ;
      ^!Set
      %bar%=^$StrReplace("^$GetLibraryPath$";;"^$GetFiles("^$GetLibraryPath$";"*.ctb")$";False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %bar%=^?{(H=15)Choose ClipBar to Open==^%bar%}
      ^!Set %bar%=^$StrReplace(".ctb";;"^%bar%";False;False)$

      ;
      ;Show the NoteTab Commandline that is created. This can then be copied
      and used to create a clip to launch different configurations of NoteTab.
      ;
      ;
      ;If you want to create a commandline that will launch a specific clip in
      the selected library, put a colon and the clip name after it like
      "/L=LibraryName:ClipName" I find this handy for running a specialized
      clip that needs to close all open documents. I tend to leave all of the
      documents I am currently working on open, so when I open NoteTab, I know
      what I was in the middle of. Yes, I know about favorites, but NoteTab
      lets me "do it my way." ;)
      ;
      ^!Info "^%path%^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      ^!Delay 15
      ;
      ^!AppendToFile "D:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt"
      "^%path%^%pgm%"/L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      ;
      ^!Open "C:\NoteTab\Documents\NoteTabCommandLines.txt"

      ^!Run "^%path%^%pgm%" /L="^%lib%" /C=^%bar% /INST="^%inst%" /INI="^%ini%"
      ---------< end clip >-----------

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Abe Landsberg wrote:
      > Jody and Abairheart, I tried putting a space between /D and the quoted command
      > path for NoteTab, but that didn't help. The "DOS" window closes, but NoteTab
      > does not start.
      >
      > Abairheart, I had not thought of using the "cmd" command. I tried: >cmd /c
      > "C:\...\NoteTab Light\NoteTab.exe", which started NoteTab, but left the "DOS"
      > window open.
      >
      > Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Does this means that there is no
      > way to start NoteTab from a "DOS" window and have the "DOS" window close after
      > NoteTab starts?
      >
      > -Abe

    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe