Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Abe Landsberg
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 9, 2005
      Jody and Abairheart, I tried putting a space between /D and the quoted command
      path for NoteTab, but that didn't help. The "DOS" window closes, but NoteTab
      does not start.

      Abairheart, I had not thought of using the "cmd" command. I tried: >cmd /c
      "C:\...\NoteTab Light\NoteTab.exe", which started NoteTab, but left the "DOS"
      window open.

      Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Does this means that there is no
      way to start NoteTab from a "DOS" window and have the "DOS" window close after
      NoteTab starts?

      -Abe

      __________________________________
      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe