Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Abe Landsberg
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hi Alec,

      Thanks for your suggestion. I tried adding /B to the Start command. The "DOS"
      window now closes, but NoteTab is not starting. Here's the command line I'm
      using:

      >start /B /D"C:\...\NoteTab Light\NoteTab"

      Any suggestions?

      -Abe

      --- Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > Abe:
      >
      > > Abair, the "start" command doesn't appear to run NoteTab differently,
      > assuming
      > > I've put the double-quotes in the correct places. It still leaves me with
      > the
      > > open "DOS" window.
      >
      > Did you try "Start" with the "/b" flag.
      > From Win2K Help-Start page:
      > >>/b
      > Does not create a new window. CTRL+C handling is ignored unless the
      > application enables CTRL+C processing. Use CTRL+BREAK to interrupt the
      > application.<<
      >
      > Not tested but I think this was the trick required another time I needed to
      > do something similar.
      >
      > Regards ... Alec
      > --
      > ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe