Re: [Clip] Closing DOS window

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 6, 2005
      Hi abair

      >> The "DOS" window stays open because NoteTab does not exit. (In
      >> other words, the batch file does not "end" because NoteTab
      >> does not "return" to it, because NoteTab does not exit.)

      >Hmm, I have exactly the opposite problem -- I need to add a
      >"pause" command in the batchfile to FORCE it to stay open, so I
      >can see error messages, if any.

      If you run it from a Clip instead, you can try using the
      ^!ShellWait command after your line to launch the .bat file.

      I just use my "Launch" Checkbox Wizard Clip that has my dialup
      and programs I use (checked for the ones I launch all the time
      and unchecked for those I don't by default) and have a shortcut
      to it on my desktop. I could of course put it in my startup
      folder, but on some rare occasions I don't want to use it.

      >I use the "start" batch command to launch a Windows application,
      >such as NoteTab.
      >
      >Perhaps that will cure your problem.

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe