[Clip] Closing DOS window

  • Abe Landsberg
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 3, 2005
      This is a low priority problem.

      I'm using NoteTab Light on Windows XP. I run a batch (.bat) file on Windows
      start-up, the last line of which starts NoteTab and runs a Clip
      ("C:\...\NoteTab /L=MyClips:CloseDOS"). I want this Clip to close the command
      prompt ("DOS") window running the batch file, and leave NoteTab running. The
      first line of this Clip is ^!FocusApp "Command Prompt". Even if that is the
      only line in the Clip, it closes NoteTab! (Closing NoteTab closes the command
      window, of course, but I want to leave NoteTab open.) (The second line of my
      Clip was going to be ^!Keyboard ALT+SPACEBAR C.)

      Thanks for your help.

      -Abe

      __________________________________
      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
    • Abe Landsberg
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2005
        John, thanks for your interest and input.

        H. Savage, thank you for the information on NoteTab minimization.

        Jody, thanks for the information on keyboard-related commands. The organization
        of my responses was due to necessity. I'm able to check my e-mail only once
        each day or two, and I figured it would be a good way to reduce the group's
        inbox clutter.

        To everyone who responded: Many thanks for your help. Not only did I get a
        solution (thanks again, Hugo), but I received enough useful information that I
        am generating a "NoteTab Tips" file for my personal use based on the
        information you've sent.

        Thanks again!

        -Abe