Re: [Clip] check essay

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      Yes I have been going into the files manually and I admit I know very
      little about clips, but in all my projects in NoteTab Pro only one has
      the essays, so could the first part of the clip be set to go into mcs
      and then open the essays? Or would you to go into NoteTab Pro,
      Projects, mcs and then open the essays and then check to see if each has
      the correct css entered in the heading and go into the body and check to
      make sure that the title is in place behind the h1 tags? I don't know,
      would be happy to open all the essays and start clip if that is the
      quickest way to go.
      Ed

      "No matter what it is that you do best, there are always a million people doing it better"
      -- Homer J. Simpson

      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:

      > Ed Brown wrote:
      > > Hello everyone who writes clips,
      > > may know how to do this without a clip that will speedily go through
      > the
      > > pages.
      > > I have at the present a number of essays titled in the heading simple
      > > essay1 through essay27 and the list grows monthly. I would like to be
      > > able to run through them and check that they have this statement in the
      > > heading <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="new.css" />
      > > These essays are just a small number of pages among 100+ pages. So is
      > > there away to do this with a clip or is there a simpler way to do
      > it. In
      > > fact I would like to go through all the pages just checking to make
      > sure
      > > they have the new css rather than one of several css pages that I have
      > > created and revised.
      > >
      > > Back to the essays, as well I would like to be sure that each essay
      > > starts the body with
      > > <h1>essay title here<h1>
      > > as I have found some without the h1 tag. And as I indicated each
      > > title is different, however there is only one h1 tag on a page.
      > >
      > > In brief, I want to check to see if each page refers to the proper css
      > > and that each page starts just after the body tag with an h1 tag that
      > > contains the title of the essay..
      > > Ed
      > >
      > Ed,
      >
      > This definately is do-able. I guess there are a couple of ways to go
      > about it. Do you manually open all files and just run them one at a
      > time looking for the key phrases? That would be the easiest I think
      > from the coding end. Otherwise you need to have the clip find a directy
      > and do a directory search, essentially closing all files that don't have
      > what you want, then inserting it or something.
      >
      > Are the essays in their own directory, or are they in a directory with
      > other files?
      >
      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129nq468g/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1109543987/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      > Virus Database (VPS): 0508-3, 02/25/2005
      > Tested on: 2/26/2005 4:40:00 PM

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0508-3, 02/25/2005
      Tested on: 2/26/2005 5:00:38 PM