Re: [Clip] How to test for end of file.

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2005
      dvdwriters12 wrote:

      > Is there a way to test for all occurrences of a string in a file ?
      >
      > Without using the:
      >
      > ^!IfError loop
      >
      > Because the script is not mine and it would mess with the flow of
      > the script.
      >
      > Maybe someway to test if I've reached the bottom of the file.
      >
      > TIA

      dvd...,

      If you just want to count occurrences of a string an easy way is,
      pre-select the string to test, do keystrokes - Ctrl+Shift+o and
      Alt+T. The replace dialog will open with your string selection
      in it, and when you press Alt+T a small information box opens in
      the middle of the edit window giving the number of occurrences.

      Or, you could use a very short, 1 line clip to play the
      keystrokes for you. This is one example,

      H="COUNT STRINGS"
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+Shift+O Alt+T

      The procedure is about the same, pre-select the string, click on
      and run the clip.

      ºvº
      05.02.10
      hrs > hsavage@...