[Clip] Message box defaults...

  • kdayton@amlibs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 1999
      I have several questions about message boxes:

      1. Can we change the default size (height and width) of message boxes
      generated from clips?
      2. Can we change the font size that displays in the boxes?
      3. Is there a way of formatting a web URL inside other text so that we
      can double-click on the text to launch the web site (similar to what we
      see on a web page?)

      These questions arose when I created a message box clip from which I
      can launch most-oft used web addresses. I started out formatting the
      box with just the URLs. Then I added descriptive headings to the left
      of each URL to make the list easier to read. I would like to change the
      default size (height and width) of the box so I don't have to scroll
      horizontally or vertically to see all of the text.

      Thanks for the help.
      Kent Dayton
      kdayton@...
    • Charles M. Raine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 1999
        Hi Kent:

        At 01:35 PM 9/7/1999 -0700, you wrote:
        >I have several questions about message boxes:
        >
        >1. Can we change the default size (height and width) of message boxes
        >generated from clips?
        >2. Can we change the font size that displays in the boxes?
        >3. Is there a way of formatting a web URL inside other text so that we
        >can double-click on the text to launch the web site (similar to what we
        >see on a web page?)
        Rather than using message boxes, why don't you use NoteTab to
        create your "Own Personal Home Page" which can be stored on your own
        machine and be automatically loaded when you start your Browser. It can
        have ALL you favorite links, called whatever you like and in any order you
        want. That way you can have everything you are asking for! If you have any
        questions about this contact me by private email.

        Charlie.

        Charles M. Raine Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
        Phone (204) 895-0940 ICQ # 300058
        Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 1999
          Hi Kent,

          While I'm waiting for my inbound mail to work I'll answer this -
          hope it was answered already.

          > 1. Can we change the default size (height and width) of message
          > boxes generated from clips?

          Only the width Info box and it is a rather sloppy work-around.
          The command below is all one line to ^!Info.

          ^!SetWizardTitle ~ Add a lot of text or spaces in the Title forcing the width of the window out ~
          ^!Info Wide box only goes about 3/4 window width.

          > 2. Can we change the font size that displays in the boxes?

          In the Info boxes you can. Right click in one. Some of the
          other dialogs you can also like Find and Replace. Right click in
          the input fields.

          > 3. Is there a way of formatting a web URL inside other text so
          > that we can double-click on the text to launch the web site
          > (similar to what we see on a web page?)

          There are at least a few things you can do.

          One is simply make an html file with all your links in it and
          make it your start page in your browser so it will load when you
          start your browser as Charles was saying. (Worth repeating though, because it is the simpliest.) You can use Eric's url

          Another is use the ^!Url command and put your clips into a
          Clipbook. There is a Library at http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          on my Libraries page that will make a Library out of an IE
          Favorites folder or Netscape Bookmark.htm. (They might be on the
          Snatch-A-clip page.) There is also a Library that uses
          OnClipboardChange to format text and links in about six different
          formats there. It is called NoteBoards. One of the formats is
          the ^!Url format so you can just copy it and "Add from Clipboard"
          and be done with it. I have not used my browser favorites for
          many moons since I just launch from NoteTab.

          Finally, you can use the maximize button for this and/or H=number
          of rows displayed. This only does http type addresses. You will
          need to change it a bit if you need ftp, etc.

          ^!Set %Site%=^?[(H=25)Where do you want to go today?==NoteTab's Home Page^=www.notetab.com|Site 1^=www...|Site 2^=www...|Site 3^=www...|Site 4^=www...|Site 5^=www...|Site 6^=www...|NetCaptor^=www.netcaptor.com|NoteTabbers Assistant Page^=www.sureword.com/notetab]

          ^!Url http://^%Site%

          ----

          A clip can be built that would add urls to the above also.

          Now, if you downloaded NetCaptor you put your Url's into a
          checkbox list and using the Array command you could open multiple
          sites all in Tabs like NoteTab. :) I have one built now to
          search multiple search engines like that.

          The NoteTab Clip List...
          mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 1999
            Hi Kent,

            While I'm waiting for my inbound mail to work... and while I am
            still waiting I was adding something to the post before this and
            my auto mail started checking mail. It sent my open post that I
            was typing in. haha - it just vanished and got sent. I was at
            this point:

            (Worth repeating though, because it is the simpliest.) You can
            use Eric's CaptureLinks to add to your start page. There is also
            one in my Noteboards.