Re: [Clip] Newbie question: turning off select once string is found

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
      Dan wrote:

      > Good day,
      >
      > I am sorry if this seems rather basic. I've searched the help on
      > clips high and low and can not find an answer to a simple
      question.

      > Also, is there a way to select where the cursor will line up
      once a
      > string is found?
      >
      > once a string is found it is possible to have
      > the cursor line up at the start
      > or end of the string,
      > or select the whole block of found text
      >
      > Cheers!

      Dan,

      The default condition for ^!Find is to select the found text.
      Using the Find/Replace dialog, afaik, you have no option,
      however, using a clip, the ^!Find command, and ^!Jump commands
      below, from help, you can mimic the WordPerfect action.

      Use ^!Find followed by ^!Jump SELECT_START, to clear highlighted
      text and move the cursor to the beginning of found text.

      Use ^!Find followed by ^!Jump SELECT_END, to clear highlighted
      text and move the cursor to the end of found text.

      ^!Jump
      [LINE_START|LINE_END][SELECT_START|SELECT_END][TEXT_START|TEXT_END]
      Moves cursor to the indicated position. If the parameter is a
      number without a sign (+/-), the command will treat it as the
      line position from the start of the document. When a sign is
      used, the command will move the cursor a relative number of lines
      from the current position; a positive number moving it towards
      the end of the text and a negative number towards the start. If
      you don't specify a line number, you can use one of the following
      settings:
      LINE_START or LINE_END: places cursor at the beginning or end of
      the current line. This feature treats a line as if word wrap is
      turned off.
      SELECT_START or SELECT_END: places cursor at the beginning or end
      of the selection and unselects the text.
      TEXT_START or TEXT_END: moves to start or end of a plain document
      or the content of an Outline heading.
      DOC_START or DOC_END: moves to start or end of any kind of document.

      ºvº
      05.02.04
      hrs > hsavage@...