Re: [Clip] changing no.s

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi Dave,
      >
      > I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
      output you
      > want exactly?

      Dave, Jody,

      I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
      instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).

      If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a regular
      expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-sign.
      Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it finally is
      placed back into it's position.

      ^!JUMP 1
      :ADDONE
      ^!Find [0-9]+= RS
      ^!IFERROR END
      ^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
      ^!GoTO ADDONE

      HTH,

      Hugo
    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
          Hi Hugo,

          That makes sense. ;) I have a Library called nnnLines that does a
          lot with numbering, renumbering, etc. lines. It can renumber,
          start numbering at a certain number on a certain row and stop
          where desired, change the numbering format like "1: " to "1=",
          strip numbers, number with your specified format...

          http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

          >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
          >> Hi Dave,
          >>
          >> I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
          >> output you want exactly?
          >I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
          >instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).
          >
          >If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a
          >regular expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-
          >sign. Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it
          >finally is placed back into it's position.
          >

          >^!JUMP 1
          >:ADDONE
          >^!Find [0-9]+= RS
          >^!IFERROR END
          >^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
          >^!GoTO ADDONE

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
            Hi Hugo