Re: [Clip] changing no.s

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi Dave,

      I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the output you
      want exactly?

      >I have an ini file that has the format below ,what is the easiest way to
      >change the No.s to a one based format i.e.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
      >0=Ashes To Ashes
      >1=Ziet
      >2=Atem
      >3=Green Desert
      >4=Genesis
      >
      >TITLE The Analogue Space Years cd 2
      >CATEGORY Electronic
      >COUNTRY USA
      >0=Alpha Centauri
      >1=Astral Voyager
      >2=Wahn
      >3=Circulation Of Events
      >4=Nebulous Dawn

    • Hugo Paulissen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
        > Hi Dave,
        >
        > I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
        output you
        > want exactly?

        Dave, Jody,

        I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
        instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).

        If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a regular
        expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-sign.
        Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it finally is
        placed back into it's position.

        ^!JUMP 1
        :ADDONE
        ^!Find [0-9]+= RS
        ^!IFERROR END
        ^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
        ^!GoTO ADDONE

        HTH,

        Hugo
      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
            Hi Hugo,

            That makes sense. ;) I have a Library called nnnLines that does a
            lot with numbering, renumbering, etc. lines. It can renumber,
            start numbering at a certain number on a certain row and stop
            where desired, change the numbering format like "1: " to "1=",
            strip numbers, number with your specified format...

            http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

            >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
            >> Hi Dave,
            >>
            >> I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
            >> output you want exactly?
            >I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
            >instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).
            >
            >If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a
            >regular expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-
            >sign. Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it
            >finally is placed back into it's position.
            >

            >^!JUMP 1
            >:ADDONE
            >^!Find [0-9]+= RS
            >^!IFERROR END
            >^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
            >^!GoTO ADDONE

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
              Hi Hugo