changing no.s

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi
      I have an ini file that has the format below ,what is the easiest way to
      change the No.s to a one based format i.e.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
      0=Ashes To Ashes
      1=Ziet
      2=Atem
      3=Green Desert
      4=Genesis

      TITLE The Analogue Space Years cd 2
      CATEGORY Electronic
      COUNTRY USA
      0=Alpha Centauri
      1=Astral Voyager
      2=Wahn
      3=Circulation Of Events
      4=Nebulous Dawn

      THANKYOU DAVE in au
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hi Dave,

        I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the output you
        want exactly?

        >I have an ini file that has the format below ,what is the easiest way to
        >change the No.s to a one based format i.e.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
        >0=Ashes To Ashes
        >1=Ziet
        >2=Atem
        >3=Green Desert
        >4=Genesis
        >
        >TITLE The Analogue Space Years cd 2
        >CATEGORY Electronic
        >COUNTRY USA
        >0=Alpha Centauri
        >1=Astral Voyager
        >2=Wahn
        >3=Circulation Of Events
        >4=Nebulous Dawn

      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi Dave,
          >
          > I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
          output you
          > want exactly?

          Dave, Jody,

          I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
          instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).

          If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a regular
          expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-sign.
          Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it finally is
          placed back into it's position.

          ^!JUMP 1
          :ADDONE
          ^!Find [0-9]+= RS
          ^!IFERROR END
          ^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
          ^!GoTO ADDONE

          HTH,

          Hugo
        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
              Hi Hugo,

              That makes sense. ;) I have a Library called nnnLines that does a
              lot with numbering, renumbering, etc. lines. It can renumber,
              start numbering at a certain number on a certain row and stop
              where desired, change the numbering format like "1: " to "1=",
              strip numbers, number with your specified format...

              http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

              >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
              >> Hi Dave,
              >>
              >> I don't know what you mean by "a one based format." What is the
              >> output you want exactly?
              >I assume what you want is that each list of numbers starts with a 1
              >instead of a 0 (i.o.w.: add one to each number).
              >
              >If that is the case this approach could help you: it uses a
              >regular expression to find a number, directly followed by a =-
              >sign. Afterwards the = is disregarded to do the addition - it
              >finally is placed back into it's position.
              >

              >^!JUMP 1
              >:ADDONE
              >^!Find [0-9]+= RS
              >^!IFERROR END
              >^$Calc(^$strReplace("=";"";^$GetSelection$;0;0)$+1)$=
              >^!GoTO ADDONE

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2005
                Hi Hugo