Re: [Clip] Temp file

  • John Parsons
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      On 01/02/05 18:19, abairheart weightily Declaimed:

      >Pausing the clip is no problem, if you add a goto at the top of the
      >clip, and a label, where you want to restart.
      >
      >In the goto, you want to place a variable target. For example:
      >
      >; top of clip
      >^If "^%target%"="^%EMPTY%" SKIP
      >^!Goto ^%target%
      >^!Set %target%=BYPASS
      >:BYPASS
      >;continue clip operation
      >;----------->8--------------
      >
      >This code can be used to re-enter clip repeatedly, at different
      >locations.
      >
      >Just out of curiosity, why do you need to hand-edit a document before
      >discarding it?
      >
      >Abair.

      Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm just trying them out to see what
      approach suits best.
      The reason for hand editing is that the material I'm scanning starts
      with a heading in a different font and also a dropped cap on the first
      line - now Finereader is 99% on basic text but struggles sometimes with
      the heading/dropped cap combination, no combination of regep filters I
      can think of will resolve the resulting jumble of lines (the clip is
      basically to remove spurious line breaks so the material will paste into
      a w/p)

      Thanks again