Re: [Clip] File paths in clips

  • kld1956
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
      wrote:
      > Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > > kld1956 wrote:
      > >
      > >>I need to insert the name of a file that I search for, using an
      Open
      > >>File dialog box (^?[(t=o) Find file], but I don't want the full
      file
      > >>path returned, just the name of the file.
      > >>
      > >>Is there a switch or mask that will remove the file path from the
      > >>text returned?
      >
      > of course if you keep reading you might find these too ...
      > ^$GetName(FileName)$
      > Returns the name of FileName (without path or file extension).
      Since
      > version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and
      URLs.

      > ^$GetPath(FileName)$
      > Returns the path segment of FileName (always ends with backslash).
      Since
      > version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and
      URLs.

      > Of course then I think you might need something like this:
      > FileName maybe need to be replaced by ^*, ^**, ^#, or ^## codes to
      get
      > the desired result
      > that I don't find well documented and cannot search for in help ...
      > every time I need to find special things like that they elude me.
      Same
      > for %NL% and that type of stuff as well.

      2005-02-01 kld1956: Thanks for the help. I saw those in the help file
      but didn't really know what to do with them. Here is how I solved my
      problem:

      ^!set %filename%=^?{(t=o)Get file name}
      ^!find "intro.swf" its
      ^!insert ^$getfilename(^%filename%)$

      The first line lets me find the file name, using an Open File dialog
      box. The third line uses getfilename to strip out the file path.