Re: [Clip] File paths in clips

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
      Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
      > kld1956 wrote:
      >
      >>I need to insert the name of a file that I search for, using an Open
      >>File dialog box (^?[(t=o) Find file], but I don't want the full file
      >>path returned, just the name of the file.
      >>
      >>Is there a switch or mask that will remove the file path from the
      >>text returned?

      of course if you keep reading you might find these too ...
      ^$GetName(FileName)$
      Returns the name of FileName (without path or file extension). Since
      version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and URLs.

      ^$GetPath(FileName)$
      Returns the path segment of FileName (always ends with backslash). Since
      version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and URLs.

      Of course then I think you might need something like this:
      FileName maybe need to be replaced by ^*, ^**, ^#, or ^## codes to get
      the desired result
      that I don't find well documented and cannot search for in help ...
      every time I need to find special things like that they elude me. Same
      for %NL% and that type of stuff as well.
    • kld1956
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@h...>
        wrote:
        > Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:
        > > kld1956 wrote:
        > >
        > >>I need to insert the name of a file that I search for, using an
        Open
        > >>File dialog box (^?[(t=o) Find file], but I don't want the full
        file
        > >>path returned, just the name of the file.
        > >>
        > >>Is there a switch or mask that will remove the file path from the
        > >>text returned?
        >
        > of course if you keep reading you might find these too ...
        > ^$GetName(FileName)$
        > Returns the name of FileName (without path or file extension).
        Since
        > version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and
        URLs.

        > ^$GetPath(FileName)$
        > Returns the path segment of FileName (always ends with backslash).
        Since
        > version 4.8, this function works both on Windows file names and
        URLs.

        > Of course then I think you might need something like this:
        > FileName maybe need to be replaced by ^*, ^**, ^#, or ^## codes to
        get
        > the desired result
        > that I don't find well documented and cannot search for in help ...
        > every time I need to find special things like that they elude me.
        Same
        > for %NL% and that type of stuff as well.

        2005-02-01 kld1956: Thanks for the help. I saw those in the help file
        but didn't really know what to do with them. Here is how I solved my
        problem:

        ^!set %filename%=^?{(t=o)Get file name}
        ^!find "intro.swf" its
        ^!insert ^$getfilename(^%filename%)$

        The first line lets me find the file name, using an Open File dialog
        box. The third line uses getfilename to strip out the file path.