Re: [Clip] Temp file

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, John Parsons <john.parsonsja@n...>
      wrote:
      > On 30/01/05 20:15, hsavage weightily Declaimed:
      >
      > >John Parsons wrote:
      > > > I have a clip that does some pre-processing on scanned text
      that I then
      > > > paste into a wordprocessor.
      > > > I would like notetab to close without giving me the "file has
      > > > changed..." prompt (i.e discard the file)
      > > > Any ideas on how to do that?
      > >
      > >At an appropriate place in the clip you could use; look in NoteTab
      help,

      > >^!DestroyDoc [DocumentName]
      > >^!DeleteFile FileSpecs
      > >^!Close DISCARD
      > Thanks H
      > The only problem is that I need to do some hand-editing before the
      file
      > closes, so destroying the file actually in the clip is not an
      option. I
      > suppose what I was hoping for was some way of marking the file as
      > temporary while it was still open.
      > Unless I could pause the clip??

      Pausing the clip is no problem, if you add a goto at the top of the
      clip, and a label, where you want to restart.

      In the goto, you want to place a variable target. For example:

      ; top of clip
      ^If "^%target%"="^%EMPTY%" SKIP
      ^!Goto ^%target%
      ^!Set %target%=BYPASS
      :BYPASS
      ;continue clip operation
      ;----------->8--------------

      This code can be used to re-enter clip repeatedly, at different
      locations.

      Just out of curiosity, why do you need to hand-edit a document before
      discarding it?

      Abair.
    • John Parsons
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
        On 01/02/05 18:19, abairheart weightily Declaimed:

        >Pausing the clip is no problem, if you add a goto at the top of the
        >clip, and a label, where you want to restart.
        >
        >In the goto, you want to place a variable target. For example:
        >
        >; top of clip
        >^If "^%target%"="^%EMPTY%" SKIP
        >^!Goto ^%target%
        >^!Set %target%=BYPASS
        >:BYPASS
        >;continue clip operation
        >;----------->8--------------
        >
        >This code can be used to re-enter clip repeatedly, at different
        >locations.
        >
        >Just out of curiosity, why do you need to hand-edit a document before
        >discarding it?
        >
        >Abair.

        Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm just trying them out to see what
        approach suits best.
        The reason for hand editing is that the material I'm scanning starts
        with a heading in a different font and also a dropped cap on the first
        line - now Finereader is 99% on basic text but struggles sometimes with
        the heading/dropped cap combination, no combination of regep filters I
        can think of will resolve the resulting jumble of lines (the clip is
        basically to remove spurious line breaks so the material will paste into
        a w/p)

        Thanks again