[Clip] sort by name

  • BONG
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 1999
      Does NTP have such powerful functions as ability to sort selected words in
      alphabetical order?

      BONG
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 1999
        Hi Bong,

        > Does NTP have such powerful functions as ability to sort
        > selected words in alphabetical order?

        Look at Modify | Lines | Sort...

        Also see the Toolbar and Shortcut Tabs in Options.

        While you are in Options look under the Tools tab, "Sort removes
        duplicates."

        And... then there is:

        ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in v4.52)

        Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
        criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the
        lines contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring
        character case, and removing duplicates:

        Example: ^$StrSort("^$GetClipboard$";False;True;True)$

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Claes Gauffin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 1999
          Hi Bong,

          At 19:55 1999-09-05 +0300, you wrote:
          >Does NTP have such powerful functions as ability to sort selected words in
          >alphabetical order?

          If I understand you correctly, you want to sort individual words within a
          selection.
          If I understand NoteTab correctly, you can't do that directly, the sort
          function is line oriented.
          The following clip tries to sneak aound this. It seems to work OK, but you
          should limit your selection to within one line.

          Regards /Claes

          ^!Set %string%=^$GetSelection$
          ^!Set %string%=^$StrReplace(" ";"^p";"^%string%";True;False)$
          ^!Set %string%=^$StrSort("^%string%";False;True;True)$
          ^!Set %string%=^$StrReplace("^p";" ";"^%string%";True;False)$
          ^!InsertText ^%string%