Re: [Clip] Footnotes in HTML

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2005
      > Here is a sample URL:
      >
      > http://utahrails.net/ogden/ogden-up-history.php
      >
      > The footnote references are in square brackets, in a dark gray font, to keep
      > them unobtrusive to those readers who don't care about citations. I retain
      > Word's "MsoFootnoteReference" CSS class for this purpose.
      >
      > I keep the original document in Word purely for the ability to add new
      > sources and changes, and to keep the new information properly cited. It is a
      > bit of a pain to strip the Word-converted HTML every time, but I'm getting
      > good at find-and-replace syntax in NoteTab. Having a NoteTab clip would
      > automate the HTML process, and save me the time of stripping the Word gunk
      > every time.

      Thanks Don,

      I see what you want now. If I am understanding you sometimes add and
      delete the footnotes and that makes it more complicated. I guess what I
      would do might be as follows:

      as you edit, put a holder in the html file
      store the footnote in an ini or separate file with a tag to match the holder
      when you finish the edit, then build the footnotes via clip

      would need to build an "unfootnote" feature for furture edits I guess

      I am thinking about it ....

      Don