Skip to search.

Re: [Clip] Pasting text strings into external documents

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2005
      John Mitchell wrote:
      > For others who may, like me, have tried to follow the recent PasteBack
      > discussion let me share what I eventually learned by experimentation.
      > Apologies if the example is a bit long winded for some..
      there may be a couple of points where you need to delay depending on
      what you are doing
      example on the focus app part you either need to pause a sec with delay
      or in the alternative add a loop that pauses and tests if the focus has
      shifted and then go on ... here is one that delays
      :open
      ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
      ^!Delay 15

      You may also want to test if things are open ... and if not open them:
      ^!IfAppOpen "*Outlook Express - Main Identity" open
      ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
      ^!Delay 50
      ^!Continue [hold]