[Clip] Focus and close and other questions

  • Jonathan Woodbridge
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
      I've used the clip that Claes posted which puts up a listbox where you can
      choose a document to focus on. I increased the number of lines in the box
      because I use it when I have tabs from one side of the window to the other,
      and scrolling them makes me confused, so I need *lots* of space.

      What I wanted to add was a way of closing documents through the dialog. I
      added a separate box to select documents to close, but it's not elegant. Now
      I can select a doc to focus on, and then it comes up and asks what it should
      close, and if I don't want to close anything, I cancel.

      It looks like:

      ^!set %ix%=0
      ^!Set %namestr%=""
      :loop
      ^!inc %ix%
      ^!If ^%ix%>^$GetDocCount$ done
      ^!set %name%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName(^%ix%)$)$
      ^!Append %namestr%=^%name%^=^%ix%|
      ^!Goto loop
      :done
      ^!Set %seldoc%=^?{(H=20)Select document to focus==_^%namestr%}
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%seldoc%
      ^!Set %clsdoc%=^?{(H=20)Select document to close==_^%namestr%}
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%clsdoc%
      ^!Close

      What I would like to have is the dialog buttons being OK, Cancel and Close
      Selected Doc and Refresh the Dialog (A bit long, but you get the idea). Is
      there a way to do this?

      While I'm writing, a few other things:
      There's no way you can get Notetab to repeat the last action, is there?
      (Like Word's F4 button).

      Is there a Go Back feature like Word to go back to previous cursor positions
      in a document?

      How do you get a dialog like

      &^?[Special character=© Copyright^=copy|® Registered TradeMark^=reg|TM
      Trademark^=trade|One-Forth ¼^=frac14|One-Half ½^=frac12|Three-Fourths
      ¾^=frac34|....etc

      to display all its contents in a dialog so that one can be picked straight
      away without displaying a drop-down list?

      Thanks for your help,

      Jonathan Woodbridge
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
        Hi Jonathan,

        > How do you get a dialog like

        ^?[(H=25)Special character==© Copyright^=copy|® Registered TradeMark^=reg|TM
        Trademark^=trade|One-Forth ¼^=frac14|One-Half ½^=frac12|Three-Fourths
        ¾^=frac34] ....etc

        > to display all its contents in a dialog so that one can be
        > picked straight away without displaying a drop-down list?

        I normally make the H=25 or so even if there are only say 10
        entries to bring up. NoteTab will size the box to however many
        you have listed, but start scrolling at 25 in that case. The
        advantage is if I just made the number equal to the amount in the
        list and then added to the list later I would have to change the
        H= as well. I forgot to do that a lot in the past and had to
        reopen the clip to fix it. You also need to add the double equal
        sign before your list starts and after the description.

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Charles M. Raine
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
          Hi Jonathan:

          At 04:02 PM 9/3/1999 -0400, you wrote:
          >I've used the clip that Claes posted which puts up a listbox where you can
          >choose a document to focus on. I increased the number of lines in the box
          >because I use it when I have tabs from one side of the window to the other,
          >and scrolling them makes me confused, so I need *lots* of space.

          Are you aware that you can STACK the file tabs. Right-click on one or the
          tabs and select "Stack Tabs". Then you won't have to scroll.

          What I would like to have is the dialog buttons being OK, Cancel and Close
          >Selected Doc and Refresh the Dialog (A bit long, but you get the idea). Is
          >there a way to do this?

          One way to solve this is to split your clip and make two clips. One to
          Focus and one to Close files. See below.

          >How do you get a dialog like:

          >&^?[Special character=© Copyright^=copy|® Registered TradeMark^=reg|TM
          >Trademark^=trade|One-Forth ¼^=frac14|One-Half ½^=frac12|Three-Fourths
          >¾^=frac34|....etc
          >
          >to display all its contents in a dialog so that one can be picked straight
          >away without displaying a drop-down list?

          You almost had the right code. Again see below:

          ---------< start clip >---------
          H="Focus Doc"
          ; Charles M. Raine <rainec@...>
          ; 09/03/1999, 05:15:06 PM

          ^!set %ix%=0
          ^!Set %namestr%=""
          :loop
          ^!inc %ix%
          ^!If ^%ix%>^$GetDocCount$ done
          ^!set %name%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName(^%ix%)$)$
          ^!Append %namestr%=^%name%^=^%ix%|
          ^!Goto loop
          :done
          ^!Set %seldoc%=^?{(H=20)Select document to focus==_^%namestr%}
          ^!SetDocIndex ^%seldoc%
          ---------< end clip >-----------

          ---------< start clip >---------
          H="Close Doc"
          ; Charles M. Raine <rainec@...>
          ; 09/03/1999, 05:15:06 PM

          ^!set %ix%=0
          ^!Set %namestr%=""
          :loop
          ^!inc %ix%
          ^!If ^%ix%>^$GetDocCount$ done
          ^!set %name%=^$GetFileName(^$GetDocName(^%ix%)$)$
          ^!Append %namestr%=^%name%^=^%ix%|
          ^!Goto loop
          :done
          ^!Set %clsdoc%=^?{(H=20)Select document to close==_^%namestr%}
          ^!SetDocIndex ^%clsdoc%
          ^!Close
          ---------< end clip >-----------

          ---------< start clip >---------
          H="Spec. Characters"
          ; Charles M. Raine <rainec@...>
          ; 09/03/1999, 05:15:06 PM

          ^!SetWizardTitle Special Character is inserted at the Cursor.
          ^!SetWizardLabel Nothing inserted if no Character is selected.
          ; One Long line.
          ^!Set %char%=^?{(H=15)Select Special character==© Copyright^=©|® Registered
          TradeMark^=®|TM Trademark^=TM|One-Fourth ¼^=¼|One-Half ½^=½|Three-Fourths
          ¾^=¾|....etc?^=?}
          ; End of Long line.
          ^!InsertText ^%char%
          ---------< end clip >-----------
          |----< Copy between wrappers >----|
          | right click over the clipbook |
          | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
          |---------------------------------|

          Charlie.

          Charles M. Raine Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
          Phone (204) 895-0940 ICQ # 300058
          Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
        • Raymond Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
            Hi Jonathan and Jody,

            >I normally make the H=25 or so even if there are only say 10 entries to
            bring up.
            >The advantage is if I just made the number equal to the amount in the list
            and then added to the list later I would have to change the H= as well.

            Works pretty good! I'd never thought of that. What also works if your
            selections are in an array is (H=^%ArrayVar0%). (I've been using arrays more
            and more lately along with Eric's new SetDefaultValue function.)

            Cheers,
            Ray
          • Raymond Fitzgerald
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
              Hi Jonathan,

              >There's no way you can get Notetab to repeat the last action, is there?
              (Like Word's F4 button).

              No way!? I'm afraid with NoteTab there always seems to be a way!! :-)

              Here's something preliminary. See if it does what you're after:

              H="Repeat last action"
              ; rayfitz 090399
              ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
              ^!Toolbar Undo
              ^!Set %Start%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
              ^!Toolbar Redo
              ^!SelectTo ^%Start%
              ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
              ^!Jump SELECT_END
              ^!Toolbar Paste
              ^!FocusDoc

              Cheers,
              Ray
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 1999
                Hi Ray,

                > ...and more lately along with Eric's new SetDefaultValue
                > function.

                I looked all over for that the other day when I needed it -
                thanks, found it in help once I knew what to look for. :) I
                changed it a bit so it does not print into the doc, looped it,
                and added a reset. It would be nice to be able to use it in check
                boxes.

                :Loop
                ; Eric, jody
                ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^%ValueList%)$ Skip
                ^!Set %ValueList%=_1|2|3|4|5|6
                ; long one...
                ^!Set %DefaultValue%=^?{Choose or enter a new default value=^%ValueList%}; %Reset%=^?{Reset default ValueList?==Yes|_No}
                ^!Set %ValueList%=^$SetDefaultValue(^%ValueList%;^%DefaultValue%)$
                ^!IfFalse ^%Reset% Skip
                ^!Set %ValueList%=^%Empty%
                ^!Goto Loop

                Proverbs 15:15