Clipbook Documentation Utility

  • Charles M. Raine
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2004
      Hi Clip Users:

      The following clip is one I have just rediscovered which I wrote over 2
      years ago. What it does:

      It is basically a 2 step process:

      In Step 1, it displays a check box list of ALL the Clipbook Libraries in
      your Notetab Libraries Folder. This allows you to select which libraries
      you wish to display the clip Names for.
      Note: (Please be aware that libraries like AutoCorrect.clb and
      HtmlColor.clb contain MANY clips which gives a very long list.)

      In step 2, it produces the detailed report in an Info Window. You can
      easily save the info to the clipboard and then paste it into a document in
      Notetab. By the way it was by using this clip that I rediscovered this
      Clip. I have over 107 Clip Libraries on my system and 2 or 3 thousand clips
      in total.

      I look forward to hearing your comments. Enjoy.

      Charlie R.

      For ease of processing the following clip, you might want to visit my
      Notetab Clips Web Page at: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html and
      download and install the "Clip Wrappers" Clipbook written by Larry Thomas.
      It allows you to remove the Long Line markers etc.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Display Libraries with Clips in Each"

      ; Charles M. Raine < rainec@... >
      ; 02/06/2002, 10:23:56 PM
      ^!ClearVariables
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
      :Again
      ^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.clb;NAME)$
      ^!SetArray %array%=^%StringList%
      ^!Set %cnt%=^%array0%
      :Display
      ^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"·";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
      ^!SetWizardLabel "Libraries Available=^%cnt%"
      ;
      ^!Set %WorkList%=^?{(T=A;H=20)Please Choose Libraries to
      Display:=^%StringList%}
      ;
      ^!IfCancel Exit
      ;
      ^!If ^$IsEmpty(^%WorkList%)$=0 Skip ELSE ^!Info No Libraries were
      selected...^p^pPress OK to start again.
      ;
      ^!GoTo Again

      ^!SetHintInfo Working...
      ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
      ^!Set %WorkList%=^$StrReplace("·";"^%DefPath%";"^%WorkList%";n;n)$
      ^!SetArray %libs%=^%WorkList%

      ^!Set %Count%=^%libs0%
      ^!Set %Index%=1; %Clip%=0
      :NextLib
      ^!Open "^%libs^%Index%%"
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!Append %info%=^%libs^%Index%%^%NL%

      :Loop
      ^!Find "H="" S
      ^!IfError Reset ELSE Next
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Select Line
      ^!set %line%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!IF ^$StrPos("H";"^%line%";y)$=1 Next ELSE Loop
      ^!Append %info%=- ^%line%
      ^!Inc %Clips%
      ^!Goto Loop

      :Reset
      ^!Close "^%libs^%Index%%"
      ^!Inc %Index%
      ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% Next else NextLib
      ;
      ^!SetWizardTitle ^$StrFill("<>";8)$ Display Libraries with Clip Names in
      Each ^$StrFill("<>";8)$
      ;
      ;
      ^!Info [L]Total Clipbook Libraries: ^%Cnt%^pTotal Clipbooks Selected:
      ^%Count%^pTotal Clips: ^%Clips%^P^%info%
      ;
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |